10 Bad Joke Turned Good

Start from the beginning

Jeez! Bolero talaga! Kulit!
She thought as she drowsily tinkered her reply.

She lazily put the phone back on its place as she's slowly drifting off to sleep

She lazily put the phone back on its place as she's slowly drifting off to sleep. But she saw her phone lit up again just a few minutes after. And though her eyes were already heavy, she willed herself to check the message.

 And though her eyes were already heavy, she willed herself to check the message

Gahd, ang kulit talaga!

Her smile slowly turned into a frown as she continued to read his message.

You shouldn't feel guilty.
Ako dapat yun. Kasi kung anu-
anong masama ang inisip ko sayo.

Then her entire face heats up and her lips curved into a smile again as she finished reading. She contemplated if she should reply but then chose to just leave it there. After all, she didn't know how or what to reply to his text message.

Why do you have to say the right words?
Ang galing mo din magpakilig noh? Gaaaahd!

She placed her phone back on the bedside table then reached for her bolster pillow. She hugged it really tight and little by little, her droopy eyes gently closed as she let herself fall into deep slumber.

Morning came and as the rays of sun peeped through his window and hits his face, he woke up with a smile upon his face. For the first time after that incident in Boracay, his morning feels brighter. He said his morning prayer before he rose from the bed. There's just so many things to be thankful for. He then checked his phone and wondered if Nicki was already awake at that time. He thought of sending her a message but then realized that it's still early. He didn't wanna wake her up just yet. She had a long and tiring day yesterday, and he knew that what they talked about over dinner added to her exhaustion. She might still be physically and emotionally knocked out and her message alert tone might just interrupt her sleep, so he decided to let her rest and just pester her a little later.

After he's freshened up, he went to the kitchen and was surprised to find his cousin already having breakfast.

Oh! Aga natin magising ah. May lakad ka?