"I went to the door and I used the end of the knife to take the screws out of the door handle, it took me a long time because the knife didn't really fit and it kept falling, I heard the front door open upstairs and I got really scared, I had two of the screws loose and I had to get them back in incase he came downstairs, I managed to do it but I kept dropping the knife and must have been making a lot of noise, because then I heard him coming, I quickly ran over to my mattress and laid down with the knife underneath me pretending to sleep, I opened one eye and see him standing in the doorway watching me, I stayed really still so that he wouldn't do anything to me, when he closed and locked the door I cried, I cried until I fell asleep"

"If he came home Sofi, how did you get out?" I was growing impatient now, I just needed to know how she got out.

"When I woke up the next day I couldn't move, my hands and my ankles were tied together with plastic and it was really tight, I could feel it cutting my skin 'good you're awake' he said, I didn't even know he was down there with me, he smiled down at me and climbed onto the mattress between my legs, I watched him as he pulled my dress up and I looked to see that I had no underwear, he must have taken them off before he tied my feet up, then he done it again, he put his thing inside me and he was really rough, he hadn't been like that since the first time, it hurt me like the first time, I didn't like it, I cried the entire time and I shouldn't have done that, because he kept slapping me"

I held my breath as she spoke, keeping my feet planted in the same place to stop myself from running, this is her way of telling me how she escaped, so I have to stand here and listen to it.

"After he was done he cut the plastic away and pointed to a bag in the corner 'I got you new clothes' then he turned away from me and said 'Tomorrow this will all be over, I will no longer need to worry' I knew what he meant, it meant that he was going to kill me, he bought me new clothes to make up for it, he always bought me things when he felt bad" Sofi looks around the room before glancing back at me.

Felt bad? If the sick twisted bastard actually had any kind of guilty conscious he would not have done what he done in the first place, if I ever find out who this man is or where he lives, I will murder him with my own two hands.

"He came back a little while later, told me he was going out and wouldn't be back until early hours the next morning, he done the same thing as he did the day before, he gave me some food, kissed me on my cheek and told me to be a good girl, I waited a few minutes again after her had left, and I got my knife out again and started unscrewing the door handle, it was dark by the time I managed to pull it off, but the door still wasn't opening, so I put the knife down the side and pushed the lock in, the door creaked as it opened and I got scared incase he was in the house, I knew he wasn't but I was still scared, I walked slowly upstairs making sure to not make any noise, all of the lights were out apart from the hallway light upstairs, I looked both ways around the house before running to the front door, it had three locks, one at the top and two at the bottom, I took them all off and swung the door open, the wind hit me in my face and it made me want to cry, I haven't seen or smelt outside in so many years kaki" A sob leaves Sofi's mouth as her eyes connect with mine.

"You're out now babygirl, you're free" I pull her into my body, cradling her head against my chest as she cries.

"I ran, I was so tired and everywhere hurt but I just kept running, that's when the police found me and brought me here" Her voice is muffled against my chest, but I still hear everything she says.

It takes awhile before Sofi finally pulls out of my grasp, a small hiccup leaving the back of her throat.

"I'm thirsty" She tells me.

"I'll go and get you some water, I'll be right back" I kiss the top of her head before walking out of her room and towards the nurses station, I'm going to pop into Lauren on my way back to Sofi's room because I feel like I haven't seen her in hours.