Chapter 2

"Hey Lance, hurry up! We're going to be late," Keith called down the dark hall.

"Yeah, yeah, just give me a minute!" Lance shouted back, sounding frustrated. Keith rolled his eyes, walking into their bedroom.

Lance glanced up at him as he walked in. His fingers were tangled in his tie, trying furiously to get it tied.

"You need help?" Keith asked with a smirk.

"No! I know how to tie a tie," Lance shot back, the mess of fabric around his neck contradicting his declaration.

"Here, I'll get it," Keith said with a chuckle. Lance only pouted as Keith's fingers made quick work of the fabric.

"How do you know how to do this, anyways?" Lance muttered, glaring down at the perfect knot.

"I lived with my fair share of religious families," Keith replied, shrugging.

"Well my family's religious, and I still suck at this."

"Going to mass twice a year doesn't count as religious, Lance."

"What!? Yes it does! We take mass very seriously at home," he said, offended.

"Yeah, alright," Keith said, rolling his eyes. "Come on, we're running late." Lance took a look at his watch, yelping quietly.

"Shiro's going to kill me!" he shouted, dashing out to the car.

"Not if he kills me first," Keith called after him, chasing him down the apartment stairs.

"Yeah, but I'm the ring-bearer," Lance said, swinging himself into the front seat. "I actually have a job to do."

"I'm the best man, Lance," Keith retorted, sliding into the passenger seat.

"There wouldn't BE a best man without a ring-bearer. I'm the person that makes the whole wedding official!"

"I'm pretty sure that's the officiator, Lance. Not the ring-bearer."

They drove down the highway, bickering good-naturedly. Shiro and Allura were (finally) tying the knot, and this was not an event they wanted to miss. Lance may have been going a little over the speed limit, and Keith may have been a little terrified out of his mind.

"Lance, why the fuck did I let you drive."

"We can't be late, Keith!"

"If we die then we'll never even get there! I'd rather be alive and late then dead and dead." Keith clutched the armrests, his knuckles white. Lance rolled his eyes, laying off the gas pedal a little.

A few minutes later, and they were pulling into a parking space. Shiro and Allura had chosen a small park to host the wedding in. Apparently, Allura and her father had spent a lot of time there.

The two boys jumped out of the car, looking around for Shiro.

"There you two are!"

Keith turned, coming face-to-face with Coran.

"Coran! Hey, sorry we—OW!"

He was cut off as Coran grabbed his ear, dragging him into the park. Lance followed, laughing quietly at Keith's predicament.

"You need to stand right here." Coran pushed him to stand in front of the small audience that was gathered. Lance trailed behind, standing next to Keith uncomfortably.

"Here are the rings." Coran pushed a pillow with two rings on it towards Lance. Lance fumbled for a moment before steadying the pillow in his hands. "We're going to start any second! I've got to go find Allura." He dashed off, his moustache bobbing as he ran.

Keith glanced around anxiously. He wasn't used to being in front of so many people. He met eyes with Shiro and smiled, shooting him a quick thumbs-up. Shiro looked like a nervous wreck. Sweat was pouring down his face, and he kept tugging at his collar uncomfortably.

Across from him was Pidge, the maid of honor. She looked proud to be there, if a bit uncomfortable in the dress.

  The music started to play, and Keith straightened up.   

He looked down the aisle to see Hunk throwing flower petals into the air. Tears were streaming down his face as he chucked the stuff everywhere. Keith tried desperately not to laugh at the ridiculous sight.

Allura and Coran stepped forward. Allura looked absolutely stunning. Her dress was a pale blue, almost white. The blue slowly shifted into pink as her skirt went on, flowing ethereally around her. Keith took a quick glance at Shiro's dumbfounded gaze, smiling to himself.

Coran took Shiro's hand, gently placing it in Allura's waiting palm. Stepping away, he took a seat in the audience, tears running down his face.

Shiro walked Allura the remaining distance to the priest, never taking his eyes off her.

They exchanged vows, and Keith couldn't help but look over at Lance. Lance's eyes were filled with tears, his bottom lip quivering. Keith felt a warmth in his chest that was difficult to explain.

Maybe someday he'd want to be here, standing in Shiro's place with Lance at his side. The thought made his chest tingle, and he couldn't help the light pink that tinted his cheeks. Even imagining a future with Lance was enough to send him into a furious blushing mess.

For once in his life, everything was perfect.

Allura's dress! (just in case any of you wanted to see :))

Thanks for reading! This chapter took a while to get out of my head

Thanks for reading! This chapter took a while to get out of my head. I think I'm going to have to add the shallura tag as well haha.