"Dad, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me. Just focus on your work." I smile and hold his hand.

"I always feel bad about you being the only child. You must be lonely sometimes but you never misbehave or cause any sort of troubles. You're always nice, friendly and smart. Sometimes, I even wonder how can your mom and I deserve you?" My dad sighs while sadness and guilt is all over his face.

"Oh, come on dad. I also wonder how can I get such wonderful parents like you guys. We're even, okay?" I reassure him. My dad's always so emotional. But that's because he loves me.

"I gotta go and have breakfast, sweetheart. Please take care of yourself. I'll bring you your favorite porridge and hot lemon tea so that you can gain a lot of strength." My dad quickly gets up and hugs me.

"Thank you, dad... I love you..." I form a heart shape with my hands to cheer him up.

After a while, my mom brings me some food. While eating, the doctor arrives and checks up on me. Thankfully, I'm not diagnosed with flu or else I'll be doomed since the final exam is coming. I just have to take prescribed medicines, eat some healthy food, avoid cold water and rest a lot. I take the medicines after breakfast and try to sleep. However, Jaemin keeps popping in my mind. I miss him so much. Even I'm sick like this, I still can't forget about him for a second. Unable to take it any longer, I grab my phones and open the photo gallery, which is filled with Jaemin's photos ... I take a look at them, one by one, smiling and laughing like an idiot. Believe me or not, I gain quite some strength from doing this. It's indeed what they call "The Power of Love."

A couple of hours pass and I'm still looking at his photos. As I'm about to put my phone down and rest again, I can hear someone pressing the door bell.

"Coming. Who's this?" My mom answers and asks for the identity of the visitor(s).

"Hello, auntie. I'm Minhyung." A noise echoes through our house.

Wait... Minhyung??? He's really here. How can I face him when I look like a ghost here?

"Oh, Minhyung!!! And who's this young man with you?" I can hear my mom opens the door for him.

Huh? Someone's coming with him? I don't think it's Jaemin though...

"Oh, he's my cousin, Jeno. He's Daeun's friend too. Actually, we know that Daeun's sick so we decided to visit her as soon as school's over."

Jeno too? Oh crap... Mark has seen me in a mess like this so many times and I still feel embarrassed. This is my first time facing Jeno like this, what the hell should I do?

Not wasting any split second, I quickly get up and walk to the bathroom. As I successfully get out from my bed and walk towards the bathroom, someone grabs my shoulder.

"Yah, where are you going?" A voice emerges out of nowhere.

I turn around and crap... It's Minhyung and Jeno next to him. I thought they would chat a bit longer with my mom before coming in but they're already here, in my room. I guess my timing is terribly wrong.

"Uhh... Well... I was just about to go and wash up a bit since you guys came to visit me. As you see, I'm a complete mess hehe. I'm stinky, ain't I?" I awkwardly laugh and point at the bathroom.

"Oh hell... You know I don't mind right, silly? Just stay in bed. You're damn sick." Mark scolds and drags me back to the bed.

"But... But... Je..."

"If you're worried about Jeno seeing you like this, then stop. He doesn't mind. How do you expect a sick person to be the same like their usual self?" Mark cuts me off with his intellectual reason.

"That's right, Daeun. Don't worry. You can lay down talking to us. We don't really mind. Just get better soon." Jeno continues and smiles.

"Thank you guys. You can sit however you want. There are a few chairs here." I nod with a thankful smile and point at the chairs.

Mark and Jeno immediately rushes to grab the chairs, placing them next to my bed. I quickly go to my bed and lay down. After I lay down, they also sit down besides.

"Actually, we've got some news for you. A bad one, we warn you..." Mark speaks up.

"Uhh... Not again. Come on, spill it." I demand.

"I'm sure you've been noticing that Jaemin and Chaerin are becoming more distant from each other, right?" Mark asks.

"Of course, I do. When Chaerin ignores him, he always gets upset so I comfort him telling him she might be busy. The next day, he would be all smiley and walk hand in hand with her again. When I ask him, he simply says that she's indeed busy. Does that news have something to do with that?" I explain and get curious.

"Indeed it does. You remember what Jeno's told you after we left Chaerin's birthday party? How she acted before breaking up with someone?" Mark questions me so that I can recall my memories with Jeno that night.

"Ohh, sure I do." I nod.

"She's just exactly like that this morning. She and Jaemin seemed like total strangers. Not talking to each other. I saw Jaemin trying to talk to her but she totally didn't care at all. Jaemin looked so stressed out, sad and angry... All at the same time..." Mark​ spills the tea.

I'm just absent for a day and this kind of shit happened? Really? I'm worried to death about Jaemin. Who would comfort and listen to his rants when I don't?

"It has become this serious in just a day? Damn it. Anyways... Does Jaemin know I'm sick?" I really don't want to add up my problem to his.

"No, he doesn't. You didn't tell him. I didn't tell him. Jeno didn't tell him. Who else would tell him?" Mark shakes his head.

"That's a relief. Back to our story... Then... She's dumping Jaemin..." I panic as I realize what's happening.

"Exactly..." Mark snaps his fingers.

"But how could you know? There's no proof." I don't understand why he's so sure about this.

"Who said we don't have proof? While waiting for Minhyung hyung, I saw Chaerin with someone. She looks so happy and giggles all the time... She even seems to flirt with that guy... And he seems to fall for her wicked trap... So why could I say that? Technology is advanced this day, why don't we put it into use? I snapped some photos of them. Minhyung hyung said he's your senior."Jeno defends himself and Mark.

Senior? Who? Do I know him?

"Yeah. I think I saw him somewhere. I don't clearly remember." Mark scratches his head.

"Here's the photos." Jeno takes out his phone and shows me the photos.

As soon as I look at the first photo, I instantly recognize the guy. I can feel my blood boil and my heart races so fast because I'm just speechless and furious.

"That bitch!!!! Before it was Jaemin and now him? I'm gonna kill her. How dare she???" I get up from my bed as anger takes control of me.

"Woah woah. Calm down, Daeun. Who is he that immediately makes you this furious?" Mark exclaims while he and Jeno hold me down.

"Minhyung, you said you saw him somewhere, didn't you?" I calm down a bit and ask him.

"I... I did. Who is he?" Mark hesitantly nods and asks me about the guy's identity.

"Well...​ Minhyung... He's my freaking cousin, Kim Jungwoo!!!"

So here's the eighth chapter. Sorry for the late update because I've been agonizing over my story. I feel like it's too boring and weird... And I don't have motivation as well. I plan to finish this before or on Jaemin's birthday but I don't know if I can. Anyways, enjoy... Thank you guys for your continuous support... I really appreciate it... Xoxo... 💞💞💞