Trials of Ember

I hit the water first. I burned like acid as it filled my lungs, my eyesight going dark, yellow spots danced before my eyes as I raced to get to the top of the water.

Eventually I got up there, pulled myself to shore and started coughing up water. My eyes flickered down and I noticed that I was wearing, a now soaked, a dark green hideous dress. I guess I didn't notice that I grabbed it.

I continued to cough up water wondering were I could be. Woods streched out, but in between I saw what looked to be houses. I had stopped coughing up water by now and stood up. Unfortunately I fell right back down. My legs were pretty wobbly.

"Ember!" A voice shouted. Thinking it was April, I looked up and yelled "yeah, I'm down here." Suddenly a girl with strawberry blonde hair stepped in front of me.

"Ember, we've been waiting so long to see you. I'm getting ahead of myself. You probably don't remember anything, but I'm Saige, a healer and your in Mithatoids" she said her face had a smile, etched even into her eyes.

I got up and she eyes my outfit with disdain. I ignored the stare and asked her "I'm where now?"

"Mithatoids" she responded.

"Methatoids?"  I said, confusion etched into my eyes instead of her contagious smile.

"Yes! Mithatoids, M-I-T-H-A-T-O-I-D-S" she spelled out. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh Mithatoids"  I say and take a shaker breath

"Follow me" Saige says and starts walking towards the trees

I follow her running to keep up with her large strides

"Where are we even going" I ask. Saige smiles and calls over her shoulder.

"To my house, we have a a lot of explaining to do"

"Oh ok....wait we?"