Space Boy

(Wednesday, After school)

--

    "Okay! We got two hours to pick out your outfit!" Kara says, quickly pulling up into the mall parking lot. "Don't pick anything weird." I say with a giggle. "Dude I'm gonna make you look so sexy." She says with a smirk. My face turns a light pink shade as I start to become nervous. "I'm not sexy.." I say quietly. "Milo would say otherwise." She says giggling as she parks her car and turns off the engine.

    I roll my eyes playfully and get out of the car, walking around to Kara. "Okay let's go inside and see what we can find." Kara says, locking her car and leading me inside the mall. We both quickly walk inside, looking around at the different stores. "Let's go into this one!" I say, pointing to a store on my left. The store was filled with astronomy themed clothing and decoration items. Kara laughs, "What are the odds that we find this today-" She says, quickly walking in with me.

   We look around frantically, since we didn't have much time. "Oh! He brought up one time that his favorite constellation is Ursa Minor!" I say, gesturing to a shirt with the constellation printed onto it. Kara's eyes beam with excitement as she picks up the shirt, "Oh my god, yes! And then you can wear some black ripped jeans and-" She begins listing off some items she wants me to wear, "And your black beanie! Oh my god I'm so excited!" I laugh at how fast she was talking.

    We pay for the shirt and quickly walk out, "How much time do we have left?!" She says, power-walking towards another store. I giggle and pull out my phone, "Fourty-five minutes!" "Onwards!" She says, jokingly punching the air. I laugh and catch up to her. We walk into another store that selled "angsty" clothing. "Uh..Kara? Why are we in here?" I say, looking around the store. Most of the clothes were black, covered in graphic images and sarcastic phrases. "We're just getting you some jeans, calm down." She says, rolling her eyes playfully.

    She quickly walks towards the denim display, "What size are you?" She says, shuffling through the jeans. "Probably a small. I have a tiny body." Kara smirks and pulls out a pair of black jeans with holes at cut at the knees and shins. "Go try these on." She says, handing the jeans to me. I walk into the fitting room, and try the jeans on. I open the door to show Kara, "How does it look?" I say. Kara's eyes widen as a smile pulls at the corners of her lips.

   "I fucking love them!" She says while walking closer to me to look at them, "They make your butt look nice." I laugh and look at myself in the mirror, "Oh wow-" I say, turning in a few different angles to look at the jeans. She giggles, "Okay we'll get them." I nod my head and shoo her out so I could change. After changing I hand her the jeans and we sprint to the car.

   "Just change in the back real quick and I'll drive you to the show." She says, quickly getting into the driver's seat. I get in the car and start changing as she starts to drive. I struggle to keep myself steady at each then she makes, "Kara Jesus-" I say as I slam into the window. "Are you okay?" She says, glancing up into the mirror. I rub the side of my head with a laugh, "Yeah, but holy crap!" She laughs, "I'm just trying go get you there in time!"

   I finally manage to button my pants and put my beanie on as we pull up into the planetarium parking lot. "Okay, stay safe and all that shit." She says, turning around in her seat, "Are you still staying at his place afterwards."  I nod my head. "Say hi for me!" She says as I get out. I roll my eyes and wave goodbye. I look around and see Milo sitting on a bench, scrolling through his phone.

  I quickly run over to him, making him look up and see me. He smiles and walks over to me, pecking my cheek. "Oh my god wait-" He looks down at my shirt, "Your wearing an Ursa Minor shirt!" I giggle at his excitement and glance down at my shirt, "I knew it was your favorite, so I wore a shirt." I say with a smile. He looks at me fondly, "We should probably head inside if we wanna see the show." I giggle softly and nod, taking his hand and walking inside.

    We walk up to the ticket booth and I hand the worker our tickets. "I'll let you pick the seats." I say, nudging Milo playfully. He giggles excitedly, looking around at everything. We walk into the show room together, taking the middle row. The projecter screen was plastered to the ceiling, stretching all the way across to make you a feeling you were up close to the stars. Milo and I lay back in our seats and I glance over at him, "Are you excited?" I say quietly with a smile.

    His eyes beam with happiness as
large smile curls his lips upwards, "Absolutely." I giggle, leaning over towards him and pecking his cheek. The show starts and we both look up and watch the screen.

(Author's note: Yoooo some stuff's about to happen)