Chapter 13

"Yes, he just said that. It's perfectly fine though, he defended me against an officer named Gavin Reed before he knew that much about me. He seemed very angry when he had entered the break room before he knew what was going on." Connor told Markus.

"Humans hate us." Markus huffed.

"But Carl doesn't." I hummed softly, feeling like I would regret saying that.

"Don't talk about Carl. He has nothing to do with this. You betrayed us, lied about who you were. How do I know you haven't lied before about yourself?" Markus glared at me, clearly not happy.

"Didn't I just tell you that I meant everything I said. I am not an Android or a prototype but I still know how to fix a damaged android and I know about many things that you could use to your advantage. I am sorry I wasn't honest completely, but that doesn't change my Deviancy." I huffed, crossing my arms. "Besides, I don't have much longer to live so I might as well go with Connor and get myself killed."

"(Y/n), no." Connor shook his head once he heard my intentions. I glanced away stubbornly.

"I'm going dammit, and you can't stop me." I  growled. Markus seemed hurt slightly and didn't say anything. "Guess you don't want me to consider you a brother figure to me?" I asked him, sinking back to the ground. "After I helped you guys so much, now I've 'betrayed you' by telling the truth about myself."

"(Y/n), you didn't betray us." Connor tried to comfort me, sitting down next to me and hugging me gently. "If you were like other humans, you wouldn't have helped the deviants this much and killed them intentionally from the inside out."

"Yeah, there's that. I could've followed my orders but I didn't." I scoffed. "I'm confused and stressed." I gripped tighter around my sides, causing them to start to hurt.

"If there's not stopping you, fine. You can go." Markus sighed, not seeming too pleased that I was intentionally trying to end myself.

"This is one mission I will succeed in." I growled out the promise, determined. I didn't specify which mission I was talking about because Connor and Markus would probably keep me back.

Connor and Mark nodded, both knowing they couldn't stop me. My sides ached and I could feel myself bruise under my own grip, pain flaring as my nerves begged me to stop. Suddenly I felt my head throb and I opened my eyes, not remembering when I closed them. I looked up and noticed Connor was telling Markus about the mission.

"I can get in, they trust me." Connor said, repeating what he had said before. I was getting intense deja vu, vertigo constantly hitting me like a hammer to my brain.

"I'm going with Connor on the mission, he'll need an escort." I tried to change up my tone to a friendlier one. I didn't want a repeat of what i just saw.

"You don't look so great, (y/n). You should stay and rest." Connor glanced at me worriedly.

"No, you can't stop me. I'm going to with, you know that Connor." I sighed softly, lifting up my shirt and looking at my side. Apparently I was gripping myself while having a dream? There were bruises of my fingers from how harshly I was gripping my sides.

"I know there's no stopping you, I don't know why I try." He sighed and shook his head in defeat.

"How would (y/n) get in without you being discovered?" Markus asked, seeming genuinely confused. I pulled off my beanie and removed the indicator and then took the card in my pocket and used one of the sharp corners to cut along my wrist. Red blood dotted the surface, causing mark to inhale sharply.

"Connor and I had the same mission but I deviated from it sooner. They chose one of the worst to take out the deviants, I have been known to beat the shit out of people in defense of androids. Although, I always considered androids as people." I told Markus, intentionally changing what I said from my dream to get a better response.

"You're a human?" Markus muttered, still stumped on it.

"Aren't we all?" I asked, motioning to all the deviants in the room. "We are not a group of machines but a people, alive and breathing. You guys deserve your equal rights."

"But humans hate us." Markus seemed skeptical.

"If I hated you then why would I stick around so long and fix up the damaged?" I tried to convince him now.

"Markus, (y/n) can be trusted. He's defended me in our workplace from a human who pushed me to the ground." Connor helped defend me.

"Please Mark, don't hate me just because I bleed red." I frowned softly, putting pressure where I had cut on my wrist to keep it from bleeding. Only then did I notice it wasn't there. "I got sick a few days ago and I haven't been eating so I'm not in the best condition but I still want to help Connor on this mission to prevent losing another family member of Jericho."

"Fine, you'll have to leave when we do." He said, talking about the few hundred androids who were in the church.

"The Church of Markus." I muttered laughing lightly to myself.

"What?" Connor asked as Markus just gave me a blank stare.

"This church is the church of rA9." I corrected, theories of Markus being an Android god plaguing my thoughts.

Markus and Connor nodded in agreement before Connor sat next to me and Markus went to go give a speech. I leaned against Connor for support as I slowly began to fall asleep, ignoring the speech Markus had been giving. Connor started to gently pet my hair and I heard him say something.

"I like dogs." He muttered softly, making me question why he said that until I realized he was referring me to a dog due to my obedience and loyalty to the ones I love.... Or he was referring me to a dog because he can pet me without me finding it weird.