Chapter 7

"How do I get Markus' attention?" She suddenly asked when we got to an isolated area. I made my LED blink red and yellow a few times.

"Get his attention?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah, he seems really close to you." She started to show signs of nervousness. I took it into account that she liked Markus as he had been friendly to everyone and very commanding. Girls must find it hot.

"He's like a brother to me. Sorry to break it to you, but you have competition, it seems like Simon is getting close to him." I pointed behind her where Markus and Simon we're chatting away happily. "I'd help you, but Markus seems happy so I'd let him do whatever. If he ends up liking you back, then congrats. If not, I send my regards in advance."

"You really aren't helping." North groaned and scowled at me.

"I'm pretty sure I'm the most human like deviant here, don't question why I act this way and don't try harming Markus or Simon unless you are okay with me draining you of Thirium." I threatened, beginning to walk off. I heard her breathing become uneven and glanced back, seeing her looking slightly frightened and more shocked.

I headed over to Markus and Simon, clapping them on the back and causing Simon to start to stutter. His face turn a light hue of blue and Markus awkwardly coughed. I just stood there, wiggling my eyebrows at the two suggestively. I laughed and stopped bothering them, letting my hands fall back to my side. Markus and Simon cleared their throats and turned to me.

"Can I go help Lucy? I know what I'm doing." I asked them, wanting the leaders' consent.

"Sure, just don't kill anyone." Markus joked, but Simon looked shocked and then gave me a wary glance.

"I never have." I laughed. "Everyone else should be healthy before me." I sighed happily and headed off to the infirmary.

Lucy was resting up and there was a passed out injured deviant in need of healing. I understand Lucy had needed to recharge. I headed over to the deviant and checked his wounds, one gash on his left side, he was missing a leg, his arms had gashes and he was low on Thirium. I pulled the metal rod out of the flaming barrel and welded his wounds closed. I pressed on his arm and bent the metal back into shape, welding up any wounds caused by the bending. I put the rod back in the fire and went to one of the crates, checking what was in it. There were bags of thirium in the one I checked so I grabbed a bag and went to another crate looking for a leg. Once I found it I made sure it was compatible with the model of android and began pressing and applying it properly so it would slide into the joint and work properly. Once I snapped it into place the deviant shot up, holding his knee in pain.

"Sorry, didn't mean to hurt you. Here, drink this now that you're up." I handed him the bag of thirium and he tore part of the top, guzzling down the blue blood. "That should be good enough for now. Test out your new leg and try walking around a bit. Your thirium pump should help your system produce skin over the damaged parts."

The deviant nodded and got up, heading out. As soon as he left the infirmary another two came in and I sighed, getting ready to have to fix up another two androids. By the time I finished with them, Markus was in the infirmary and Lucy was up, but she hadn't spoken the entire time. I didn't mind it, I was just trying to let her rest and take a small break.

"How much supplies do we have left after you finished?" Markus asked me, earning a snicker.

"A shit ton, Markus. We have plenty of Thirium to help the dying fugitives and not many are missing parts so we still have a lot of those just in case." I stretched slightly and sighed in satisfaction.

Markus nodded and glance to Lucy, but she was sleeping again. He smiled softly at me and exited the infirmary. I wanted to ask him something but I know he wouldn't know what it meant. During the process of fixing up the broken androids a few would his rA9 whenever they felt pain. I feel like that is their god but it's also someone who's still alive. I ignored it and sat back, taking a small break myself as I was starting to sweat a little. I wiped my forehead and flung the sweat off. I ended up removing the hoodie but keeping it in my lap.

"You lie about who you are and yet you still help us." Lucy spoke up finally. I glanced at her and sighed.

"I knew if anyone caught me, it would've been you, Lucy. Please, don't blow my cover. I'm here to help and see how wrong most humans truely are, androids are my family. I consider them to be people and to be alive." I told her, feeling conflict hitting my heart like arrows.

"You give me no reason to tell them about you being human, but you know they will find out eventually." She told me, motioning for me to go over to her. I did so, slouching slightly in worry.

"How do you think they'd react? I don't want to lose their trust, but I'm a great mechanic. I can help fix them when they are damaged. I don't see them as objects but as being with soul's that truely matter. All of you will change the world for the better, not the worse." I told Lucy, standing in front of her as she could tell I was being sincere. She gently took my hands in hers and tried her best to comfort me.

"Conflict in your mind isn't the only thing that I can feel, but it seems you have conflict in your heart. There is someone you like, but you can tell you can't be with them. Why?" She stared into my eyes with her void like ones. I sighed softly.

"There is but it's even worse that society would see it as taboo. I really like this guy, his name is Connor and he was recently sent to work with my friend Hank. I like Connor, but society seems to be both homophobic and Connor is an Android." I told her, spilling out the truth of why my heart continuously hurt whenever I saw couples and partners in public.

"That is when as a human, you must become deviant yourself."