Chapter 6

I hummed softly as I went up the stairs and sat up there, my legs lightly swinging. Markus had gone to Lucy and started to plan things. He looked up at me and motioned for me to come down. I did as he wanted and headed over, tilting my head to the side curiously.

"We're going to go out, stay here and look after the others." He told me, causing me to sigh.

"Fine, but only because I hate moving a bunch." I walked over and sat against a wall, leaning back and watching the androids. Markus left and I quietly followed them, wanting to know the exit. Once the were gone I pulled out the card, looking at it.

Connor and Hank saw you, be more careful detective. Check in.
-Captain

I made sure the other androids weren't around and called the captain.

"(Y/n). How's the plan going?"

"I befriended and gained the trust of a deviant with a child and there's a group of deviants the are part of a group called Jericho. I am slowly gaining their trust. How is Connor? Did Hank question where I was?" I asked at the end.

"Connor kept demanding that I give him you home address to check on you and Hank did question your disappearance. Gavin did as well. The excuse was that you were home sick with a terrible head flu."

"Connor was worried about me?" I asked quietly. "Well, it's better than getting slapped for trying to check a friend for wounds." I shrugged.

"You were slapped?"

"Yup, but it was reflex based. He didn't mean to." I nervously chuckled. Suddenly I hear a door open on the other side of the call.

"Captain, I insist you tell me where (Y/n) is. What if he is in danger?" I hear Connor on the other side of the call.

"I don't know if getting smacked is considered dangerous." I laughed into the card, hearing Connor ask the captain if it was me.

"Yes Connor, that's (Y/n)." The captain sighed. "(Y/n)! Hank is freaking out about you not showing up and I'm confused as to why you were smacked." Connor.

"Oh no, Hank doesn't have someone to make reports for him. What ever will he do with his life?" I spoke, my tone dripping with sarcasm. "I'm fine, I was getting something out of a cabinet and something else fell out and smacked me in the face." I lied.

"So you are at your home?" Connor asked, I could hear a bit of relief in his voice.

"Yes Connor, I'm home sick. The captain was filling me in on what I was missing from the day I missed." I excused, getting up and lightly rubbing the mark that was starting to form on my face.

"Be careful, (Y/n). You should be resting and someone else should be getting up and taking care of you." Connor sounded... Worried.

"I will be careful, but you have to as well. Please don't try getting any guns pointed in your face." I sighed. "I have to go, bye."

"Bye detective." "Get well soon, (y/n)."

BEEP.

I hung up. I groaned softly and laid on the ground where I was, worried about Connor being deviant and being taken away. I was worried about Hank drinking himself to death over my absence in the station, I was worried that Markus wouldn't make it back. I pressed the button on the remote to make my LED solid red from stress. I sighed softly, getting up and heading back to where all the fugitive androids were. I went to one of the dying androids and sat next to it, trying to comfort it in it's last moments.

"I-Is someone there?" The android called out, frightened by my presence. It's optical components we're blown out and destroyed.

"Yes, it's okay though. If you must, go ahead and lean on me to relax and become comfortable." I told them softly, gently putting one of my hands on theirs in a comforting manner.

"O-Okay." They slowly leaned over and put their head on my shoulder. Their voice box was obviously corrupted. If I had the right materials, I could probably fix them. It was hard to tell whether they were male or female as they had been wearing baggy clothes and had a flat chest.

Soon enough, I heard the faint sound of the android shutting down. I felt one of their stray tears dampen my shoulder as their LED turned off and the smiled in their death. I sighed and stayed where I was, letting the dead android continue leaning on me while I turned off my LED, deciding to take a nap. I don't know why but I heard the faint sound of an old windows computer shutting down when the android died. I shivered slightly and ignored it, taking my nap.

-Small time skip-

Someone shook me lightly and I started to wake up, my thumb automatically hitting the button to make the blue light in my LED turn on. I looked up and saw a worried Markus. I looked to the side and saw the dead android I had comforted before they died. I sighed and slowly laid them down on the ground, closing their dead eyes. I got up and dusted myself off.

"Did your plan work out?" I asked him, and he nodded. He jabbed a thumb back to where Simon, Josh, and North were bringing in supplies with another android.

"Are you okay? I saw you resting while a dead fugitive was on your shoulder." He started to turn me around and dust off where I couldn't get on my back.

"Thanks. And yeah, they died before I rested. I just wanted them to be comfortable in their final moments before death." I told him, turning back around and smiling to him.

"Okay, good." He smiled in relief and gently hugged me.

"What's all the bromance about?" I chuckled, hugging Markus back.

"I was worried I wouldn't see you again after the mission. There were very low chances of us getting away with a whole truck load of thirium and extra biocomponents." We hugged for a little longer before we broke from it.

"Man, you sure do get attached easily." I teased, making Markus smile bitterly.

"Maybe you're just a good person who people easily get attached to." He retorted and yet complimented at the same time. I gave his shoulder a weak shove in a friendly manner.

"Thanks. I'm sure the two androids I helped escape the police miss me now." I shrugged. I started to head off but was stopped by North.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a moment?" She asked, seeming slightly worried but also annoyed at the same time. I nodded.

"Sure."