Part 7

Things are going great with Nathan. We have been on 4 dates now and he has been the perfect gentleman. I am currently at the park sitting on a bench waiting for Nathan to meet me. We are going to have a picnic.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, so I turn and come face to face with Nathan's incredible chocolate brown eyes.

"Hello handsome" I smile, giving him a peck on the lips.

"Hey sweetheart" he replies. Grabbing my hand, he pulls me over to a clearing by a lake. The lake is beautiful, with clear water and ducks swimming about. Near the edge of the water there are patches of yellow wild flowers and a blanket. On the blanket is a plate full of sandwiches, a bowl of fruit salad and a large pitcher of lemonade.

"You set all of this up?" I asked, shocked

"Yeah, I came a little early" he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

We sit together on the blanket and enjoy the food that Nathan made. We talk about everything from books, to animals. His favorite book is to kill a mockingbird, which is also one of mine.

"How about we feed the ducks?" Nathan asks, pulling a sac of duck seed from his pocket.

"Sure, sounds fun!" I say, excited. "I love feeding animals."

****
A half hour later we are out of duck seed and I almost gotten bitten twice. Nathan couldn't hold in his laughter as I screamed when a duck chased me. In my defense, It was trying to nip at my ankles.

We start walking back towards the blanket, hand in hand.

"I wrote something for you " Nathan says, gesturing for me to sit down. He runs over to a tree, pulling out a guitar.

"Your voice is like a violin, sweet sweet melody
Your eyes glisten as though they are filled with tiny oceans, pulling me in deep
I want so much for this love to be true,
I feel like I can't do this without you
Your kiss, so sweet like chocolate strawberries
Hair so fine, so happy to call you mine
I want you with me all the time
You make happiness come so easily
I want so much for this love to be true,
I feel like I can't do this without you"

The song ends, and I'm sitting in awe at this beautiful creature in front me.

"I love you Jessie. I want to spend my life with you. You bring out the best in me. I know it has only been a month since we met but, I believe that we belong together. You have been helping with my anxiety so much, and I think I have been helping with yours. You make me so happy and I have never felt this way before." He pulls me into a standing position and gets down onto one knee. "Jessie, will you marry me?"

*****