Part 6

A week has passed and I haven't heard from Nathan. Not that he could call, seeing as I didn't give him my number.
But I thought he would atleast ask Daniella for my number if he was interested. I'm currently laying on the couch, watching Glee and singing along to their mashup of "Crazy/You drive me crazy". Marley and Jake are so adorable together. I get up off of the couch and continue to belt it out, when I hear the doorbell. I stride to the door, still dancing a little. Swinging the door open, I am met with the smiling face of Nathan.

"Hey" he says

"Hey" I answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you, and ask you on a date" He says, pulling a beautiful bouquet of red roses from behind his back.

"Wow, these are beautiful" I say, taking the flowers and breathing in the great floral scent.

"And the date?" He inquires

"I would love to" I answer

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7" he smiles "I have some errands to run, so I'll see you later"

"Okay" I say, watching him return to his car.

I slip my phone out of my pocket, texting Bridget to come over and help me pick an outfit for tonight. She replies that she would be here in 10 minutes. While I wait, I place the flowers in a vase on the kitchen table.

"Hey girl, I brought a sexy dress" I hear Bridget say as she walks through the door.

"Oh God. Your idea of sexy means short and tight" I say

Pulling the dress out of a bag, she reveals a stunning knee length dress. It's A-line and ocean blue with a lace bodice.

"This is gorgeous" I say, stunned.

"Go try it on" she says, pushing the dress into my arms.

The dress fits like a glove. I slide on my black ballet flats and Bridget straightens my hair. By the time I finish getting ready and grab a snack, it's 7 o'clock. Right on time Nathan is at the door.

"Wow, you are stunning" he breathes

"Thank you" I blush. He reaches for my hand and we walk to the car, opening the door for me.

******
We are sitting in a booth at a nicely lit restaurant, enjoying our food. Nathan ordered a shrimp risotto, and I have a parmesan ravioli with a garlic, mushroom and rosemary sauce.

"This is so good" I exclaim

"I'm glad you are enjoying it"he laughs

"You have a little sauce right there" he says, pointing.

I lick my lip "gone?"

"No. Here" he leans over, wiping the sauce off with a napkin, keeping eye contact.

"Thanks" I whisper

Nathan closes the distance, brushing his lips against mine. I can tell this is going to be an amazing night.