Part 3

The Ceremony was magnificent. When the happy couple kissed, there were fireflies released; lighting up the sky.

We make our way to the tent, sitting at the specified table. The food is served, which is lobster, garlic potatoes, and spinach sautéed in lemon butter. Daniella hired one of the top-rated chefs in the world, so of course it would taste incredible. For dessert, there is an ice cream bar, where we choose our own toppings.

I am just finishing my ice cream when the maid of honor walks onto the stage, giving a toast and introducing the best man.

"Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. I have known Jacob since junior high." now looking at Jacob "We have grown a lot over the years, I remember us being teenagers wondering where we would go in life. Now today I had the opportunity to stand at your side while you married this amazing woman. I am so happy for you, and I wish you both an eternity of happiness."

Nathan walks to the side of the stage, picking up a guitar. He lifts the strap over his head and onto his shoulder. Taking center stage again, he speaks into the mic "This is for you"

Strumming his guitar, I realize the tune right away. "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. He sings and I get butterflies, all the anxiety I had been feeling disappears.

I see Daniella and Jacob making their way to the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. I can't help but feel a little jealous watching them. I want that kind of happiness, to have someone look me in the eyes with so much love the way Jacob does.

I glance away, deciding to focus on Nathan instead. How did I not notice him during the ceremony?

The song ends and everyone claps. Looking up, we lock eyes and I feel my heart speed up. I turn my attention back to my cousin, who is now talking to the band that are about to take their place on stage.

They finish setting up and announce that they are going to be starting off with a slow song, "You and Me" by Lifehouse. Taking a sip of my drink, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, I was wondering if you would like to dance?" Nathan asked

I don't know what to do, but then remember that I am supposed to be pushing myself

"Sure" I smile, taking his extended hand.

We move to the dance floor, and he places a hand on either side of my waist; I move mine around his neck.

"You're so beautiful" he smiles "I noticed you during the ceremony and knew I had to meet you"

I blush "Thank you"

"So, what is your name?" he asked, pulling me closer.

"Jessie" I answer

"Daniella's cousin Jessie?" He asks.

"Yeah, how do you know?" I look around to see if I can find Bridget in case I need an excuse to get away.

"She has been telling me about you, hasn't stopped actually." Nathan admits

"What has she been saying?" Trying to spy her around the room.

"That you are beautiful, smart, and kind hearted. She also said I would be an idiot if I didn't talk to you. Her plan was to introduce us, but I guess she doesn't need to now." He confessed, with a cute crooked smile. "I would like to get to know you"

"I don't know" I answer, "I have a lot of things to work through"

"It's okay if you don't want to, I get it. Not many people do" He steps away, crossing the dance floor. Leaving me stood in place, wondering why I had to be like this.

***

I spot Daniella with Bridget by the stage and sprint over to them.

"Jessie what's wrong?" Daniella asks

"I met Nathan. Why are you trying to set us up? You know I am having a hard time right now." I say, irritated.

"It's been four years Jess. It's time for you to get out there. Not all men are the same." She answers, pulling me into a hug.

"I agree with Dani. You deserve happiness, forget what that asshole said back then." Bridget chimes in.

"I just don't know if I am ready. Besides, I think I may have messed it up. He probably wouldn't even want to talk to me now" I say, putting my head down.

"You won't know if you don't try. If you don't give it a chance you will always wonder what could have happened. So, go and talk to him." Bridget says, giving me a little push in the opposite direction.

I look back at the two amazing girls, wondering how I could have gotten so lucky.

****

Authors note: I hope you are enjoying the story so far!

Let me know what you think :)

- Nightreaderx