Leaving them to it, The Empress left, along with Zhe Yan to sleep, while the Medicine King remained to examine the child which he had not yet done, but allowing them a few moments before he moved in to take her, he quickly moved about the chamber to gather up what he would need.

"You did well Qian Qian.  She is beautiful.  She has your eyes." he whispered reverently down at her.

Exhausted, but happy, her arms reached up to lightly stroke his face while the other rested on his hand that was cradling their child.

"Congratulations on becoming a father Mo Yuan." she whispered sleepily up at him.

"Congratulations on becoming a mother Qian Qian." he replied smiling down at his precious little bundle he did not want to let go, even though he knew the Medicine King was waiting patiently.

But the child needed to be fed, before any inspection or before Bai Qian could sleep, so placing a hand under her shoulder, he assisted her to sit up before placing the child in her arms.  And it did not take long for his daughter to latch on quickly to feed.  It was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.  A mother nurturing her child was as sacred as the birthing itself, that his mind took a permanent memory of it.

She fed for fifteen minutes, after which he was positive his daughter had thrown up most of it, the moment she came off the breast, but the laughter was there.

"I guess she also has your appetite." he laughed as he took his daughter back so Bai Qian could lie down again, and with the Medicine King hovering behind him, he quickly covered her breasts in annoyance.

But Mo Yuan knew the man would be just as tired as Qian Qian, so handing the baby over, he remained sitting at her side saying nothing as she slowly drifted off to sleep.  Only then, did he take hold of her face, and kiss her lips lightly.

"Thank you.." he whispered before rising to assist the Medicine King with the inspection.

Her eyes were a bluish gray, which would darken in time, and her hair was her mothers as well, in fact, just looking at her now she was not wriggling about or screaming, he realized she would look very much like her mother which he was ecstatic about.  And also being very healthy and normal in every way, he finally gave the Medicine King the order to leave, while he remained alone in the chamber with his wife and daughter who he held onto as he lightly rested against the foot of the bed just happy for it to finally be over.

_________________________________________________________

3 Months Later.

The naming Ceremony also took place on Kunlun Mountain, but unlike their wedding, only family and friends were invited to it.  Mo Yuan did not want his daughter to become public property, so he kept her hidden from the world, only allowing those closest to them to see her.

There were many rituals that made up a naming ceremony, but wanting to keep it simple, they did not incorporate many of the unnecessary ones, instead going only for the calling out of her name along with her titles before being blessed by Lord Pua.  

Being the one who oversaw all births, it was up to Lord Pua to name the child, much to the disgust of the Empress who wanted a say in it.  However, as it was his official role, this was one argument she would not win, in fact when it came to Mo Yuan, she did not win many, because he overruled her at every turn.

"We are gathered here today to welcome a new life among us.  Please join me in Celebrating the arrival of Mei Lihua." he called out, which had all family and friends bowing at the little girl who was screaming for her mother.

"She certainly has her mothers temper." her father said, which brought on a round of laughter from them all and a scowl from Bai Qian.

The Celebrations went on for days, even though Mei Lihua was completely oblivious to it.  Kunlun Mountain had never seen so much wine or celebration, that his Disciples struggled to keep up with them all, but like Mo Yuan and Bai Qian, they soon got into the swing of things.  In the end, they too were drinking and having just as much fun.

For Mo Yuans Disciples, not only had Bai Qian brought happiness to their Shifu and a child for them all to spoil, she had brought laughter and unpredictability with her sudden arrivals, the coming and going of the Bai Family and even a little girl who was mischief from the day she learned to walk.

___________________________________________________

10,000 Years Ago.

Mo Yuan was once again outside his chamber pacing the platform in anticipation of the arrival of his latest child, this time another boy who would join his three siblings and bringing the total of children to four.  

Bai Qian was adamant there would be no more after this child, but having lived a solitary life without siblings, Mo Yuan was just as adamant there would be at least six more.  Unfortunately, having told her that, he spent almost six months living a solitary life without his beautiful wife and all because he wanted a large family.

"You want more children?" she had screamed at him.  "Then push them out yourself." she added before storming back to Qing Qiu and effectively blocking him out.

In the end, her father had to intervene.  Not only did he personally escort her back to the Celestial Heavens and a husband who was beside himself, her father banned her from Qing Qiu for three years.

"Just enough time to make another  baby and give birth to it." he winked at Mo Yuan, before leaving them to it.

When he found out she had taken to eating Zhe Yans contraceptive peaches, he immediately had them swapped for normal ones, and in no time at all, she was pregnant again.

And once again he was pacing as she screamed every curse word she knew at him.  She may have grown up and learned many life lessons the hard way, but she was still his Qian Qian.  Stubborn, fiery and temperamental as she had always been.  But he did not hear any of the cursing the rest of them were hearing, he was listening for that subtle change in tone that all men eventually learn.

And when it came, he stopped the pacing and waited patiently for the doors to open.

______

Mo Yuan did not get the extra six children, but he did get three more, bringing the total number of children to seven and making Mei Lihua his only daughter.  It was a large family by anyones standards, but unlike his upbringing which had been harsh, his children lived a much happier and close knit life, exactly how the Foxes lived.