Sex, Drugs and Vampires. Chapter 15.

As we walked in silence, anger was building inside of me. The silence between us was almost deafening. The only thing to be heard was the sound of our feet, shuffling through leaves in the woods. I hated being a vampire. I never knew what was going on around me, even worse I was never sure what my body would do next. Being a drug addict was easier than this, It was something I was good at. I had a general routine when it came to my drug addiction. I would find the money for drugs somehow and then call Trix.

Getting money was often a slow process, stealing was my easiest way to acquire the cash I needed. I used to envy pick pockets, as long as they had their technique down like clockwork. It was like taking candy from a baby. I was always too sloppy for that, mostly because I was high. But also because, I didn't have quick hands.

Rose's footsteps quickened, I was slightly behind but I could see that she was using her phone. I couldn't see what she was texting or who, but whoever it was would be receiving a long message. I was tired of all of this, I had no control over my life. I stood still and slowly let my back slide down a tree till I hit the ground.

It took Rose a while to realise I was not following her. She was completely engrossed in conducting her text message. But when she noticed I was not following her like I had been, she came to get me.

"What are you doing Dean?" She spoke quietly, but the silence of the woods made her voice sound intense.

"Why did you do this to me Rose?" I rested the back of my head on the trunk of the tree and closed my eyes.

"This is ridiculous. Get up!" Her voice slightly raised as she loosely grabbed my hand.

"No." I said and pulled away, opening my eyes, just so I could look into hers. "I deserve an answer. I fucking demand an answer."

"Do not talk to me like that!" Her voice was getting more amplified with every sentence she spoke. She was in a bad enough mood before this, I should not have been aggravating her. But I wanted answers, that I just wasn't getting.

"You did this to me. Nobody else. You! And I want to know why? Why I will never feel the heat of summer? Why I am dragged around like a trailer on the back of a car? Why you acted crazy when you had my blood? Why I am not even my fucking self anymore? I am this weak person, this person who I don't even want to know. And its you. You did this." I looked into her eyes, her face softening as I spoke.

"I am so sorry." Rose said as she crouched in front of me.

This scene was too familiar for me, I couldn't help but think about the first time we met. Change the location and tie me up and we could be back there. But I wasn't leaving without answers.

"Rose. I need to know." I said as she reached out to grab my arm. But I just pulled away yet again.

"You were left for me." She spoke quietly but I could hear her perfectly clear. "Somebody is gunning for Bruxsas position. They are trying to work from the inside out, I just don't know how they are doing it. It has been going on for a while. But never had they got into the mansion." Rose's eyes darkend as she spoke. She folded her legs so she was sitting in front of me.

"Why would I be left for you?" I skimmed over her face for obvious answers but there were none.

"I was an addict, just like you Dean." I clung to every word she spoke, I didn't want to miss a thing. "In the early 1900's, due to an injury, I was prescribed Heroin. Heroin was distributed as a non addictive substitute for morphine." She held eye contact as she spoke. I nodded to assure her I was still following.

"Eventually I became addicted, it was banned a while after due to growing amounts of people becoming addicted. But I knew people who worked on the docks, it was sent in from countries where it was still legal." Rose paused for a moment and sighed. She was uncomfortable talking about this, I could tell.