Sex, Drugs and Vampires. Chapter 6.

Dean

"BRUXSA NO!" Caleb shouted when the stake was probably only millimetres away. Bruxsa stopped and turned to face Caleb, she rolled her eyes and walked over to him slowly, when she reached him she stared him dead in the eyes.

"Perhaps you would like to take her place?" The corners of her lips turned up slightly. When I thought Rose was going to be staked I had crawled over to Caleb's side. I was now undoubtedly regretting this decision.

"What I mean to say Bruxsa is, if this was a trap set for Rose this would mean we must find the treacherous person. Who would be better to help us find said person than the one who was targeted first." I had to hand it to Caleb, he was holding his ground. I could guarantee everyone in this room would never question Bruxsa, myself included. But Caleb was not fazed by her authority, I began to wonder the relationship between them.

"See, this is why I have kept you around Caleb! I let my anger control me, you always think ahead. Even if your reasoning is the emotional bond you have with Rose. But I will take what I can get." She smiled at him with loving eyes, I almost thought this scene was sweet. It was ruined by Bruxsa raising the stake she had planed to use on Rose and stabbed the stake into his arm, then pulling it out.

"Well, you didn't think I was going to let you get away with shouting at me did you?" She smiled at him at him as he screamed in agony. Caleb fell down to his knees, the screaming went on for a few moments longer then Caleb controlled himself. Rose was silent now also.

"LEAVE!" Bruxsa shouted to everyone in the room. "Liam, insure nobody enters. I need to have a chat with these three."

I strongly hoped I was not one of the three, I realised I was out of luck when I saw Bruxsa gesturing towards Rose, Caleb and myself.

"I'm guessing you have realised what you are? Unless you are completely naive, in that case buckle up Toto because you are about to have one hell of a ride." Bruxsa looked over at me and smiled. "You are a vampire."

I closed my eyes for a second, I knew this was what had happened to me. But its one thing thinking something to be true and another thing to have your thoughts confirmed by somebody else. I had known ever since I had craved Ivy's blood when I was at her house.

"Fuck me." Was all I could manage to say.

"Ohh I like you, maybe later!" She said as she tossed her fire engine red hair and gave me a seductive smile. Obviously this what not what I had meant but correcting her would be reckless. "Help yourself Caleb. I take it you are still on your morally correct diet." She looked over at Caleb who had cocked his head to the side and looked surprised.

"I hear everything." She said as she sat on her large chair.

I watched as Caleb pushed against a panel on the wall, the panel flew open like a cabinet and inside were IV bags filled with blood. My nose flared and my eyes widened.

"You better give him some before he tries to rip us all to pieces." Bruxsa spoke with amusement in her voice. The invisible subtext being "As if he could" Caleb handed me a bag, I drained the whole thing dry within seconds.

"Aww Caleb I think he likes it." Bruxsa said as she laughed. She was right though, I did like it. I could feel the warmth spread around my skin and as I looked down I noticed my skin looked less like tissue paper. I was still pale but my skin had plumped up slightly, I was willing to bet that my eyes were less red too.

"Could I have some more please?" I asked Bruxsa in the most polite tone I could muster up.

"You may. I want your full attention for what I am about to tell you. I cant have you drifting in and out because you are thinking about the throbbing veins of a human. Caleb give him 3 more." I looked over to see where Caleb had been staked had now completely healed.

Once I had finished I looked up at Bruxsa and thanked her. She chose not to acknowledge it even though I knew she heard.

"What is your name?" She said and smiled.

"Dean" I replied quickly.

"Dean, I am Bruxsa. This is Caleb." I looked over to Caleb who bowed his head slightly to greet me. "The people in this room are the people I can trust most. But do not be mistaken, this does not mean I trust you. It simply means I trust all of you the most." She smiled at me again, I was finding it unnerving the amount of times she was smiling at me. I felt it as if she was trying to mislead me into thinking that she would not stake me if she felt like it or for sport.

"I have questions." I said as I looked her in the eyes.

"As the person who turned you, Rose is obligated to tell you everything you need to know. She will not be able to tell you for a couple of days till she sweats this out. And I do not bare the time or patience to tell you. As Rose's father Caleb will be watching over you till Rose is able to do so, weather he will tell you anything is up to him." I looked over to Caleb who looked most unimpressed at the thought of Vampsitting.

"Bruxsa..." Caleb began to speak but was cut of by Bruxsa.

"One thing you will need to know Dean is this, I ordinarily would have killed you. I do not need another Rose hindering me. But I did not, this means you are in my debt." Bruxsa spoke and I looked over to Caleb who looked at me as if to say "that is the worst possible place you could be" I just looked back to Bruxsa.

"Caleb take him to your home. Watch him at all times, find out what happened and report to me. Go." She smiled at him as she said it. Caleb growled at her and took a step forward.

"You may be my brother Caleb but I am not above staking you." I realised when she said this that she literally meant that Caleb was her brother the relationship between them had become more clear to me now. Caleb escorted me out and I looked back to see Rose in complete silent agony.