A Second Chance(August Alsina)

(Liza's Pov)

I walked around the house I shared with my boyfriend, he was here dive minutes, I heard his loud ass. "August!" I yelled, tired of walking. "What is it baby?" He said coming up behind me. I smiled at how healthy and slightly chubby he looked.

"Nothing I just wanted to be up under you." I said pouting. He smiled and pulled me into his chest. "You just love when daddy baby's you, huh?" He said as if he was talking to a baby. I laughed with him and nodded. "Well I'm bout to go to Jadas house, we're doing the Red Table Talk today remember." He reminded me. I nodded, "I wanna come." I said getting my slides out of the closet by the door.

"Come on baby." He said grabbing his keys. I walked out and went on to the car while he locked the door. Once he got in the car we began the short drive to Will and Jada's house. "Don't forget your nieces are coming today at three." I reminded him.

"Trust me, they've been reminding me since school ended." He said chuckling. "I bet, Chay has been texting me the whole day." I said. August laughed. We sat in a comfortable silence while the radio played lowly. I noticed he stared at me for a minute. I looked over at him and made a crazy face when he looked at me again.

We both laughed and went on making funny faces. Soon we were outside of Will and Jada's house. We walked inside and walked towards the informal living room. Jada, her mom, and Will's niece were all sitting around talking.

"August, Liza, good morning." Adrienne said hugging us. "Good morning." I said going around hugging everyone. Within the last couple of years we've became very close with them and it was so good for us. "So August are you ready?" Jada asked. He took a deep breath before nodding. "Ok then! Let's get this show started." She said.

August gave me a kiss before walking away with the group of women. Today they were talking about addictions and August was opening up about his addictions. It's crazy because besides his accident on stage, you wouldn't have even been able to tell that he was a pill popper. I know his fans will definitely cry hearing what was happening behind the scenes.

I know I cried being there and not really knowing what to do or how to stop him. Nothing I did seemed to get to him. When he was in the hospital he flatlined twice. I could have lost the man of my dreams, two times. But instead, God gave him another chance at life. I guess that was his way of getting August to understand that he need to get his shit together.

Even after coming out of his coma he went on to painkillers because that's what the hospital gave him. So all be really had to do was call and say he was in pain and get more. After a while his refills ran out and he stopped. He wouldn't dare start going to the streets for painkillers, thankfully. Between me, Jada, and some of his other family members, we got through to him.

"There's my wife." I heard behind me. I looked and saw Jaden. I laughed and hugged him. He's swore up and down that he was going to marry me since we met. We are the same age, actually he's six months older than me. As you can see I've always had a thing for older men. My mom knew that since I was in 8th grade, which is why she didn't say anything when August and I got together.

"How you doing?" I asked him. "I'd be better if you didn't always reject my proposals." He joked. I giggled quietly, seeing one of the producers shush us. "I'm in a relationship." I whispered to him. "You'd be in a better one if you were with me." He said, "We could have a iconic wedding, go on a honeymoon made for icons, then make some icon babies." I snickered and pushed him away. "Thanks, but no thanks." I politely turned down his offer.

"Ok, but I'll always have the offer available for you." He said. I nodded, smiling at August who was eyeing us. "Hey Liza, you wanna come swim with me?" Willow asked. I nodded, "Is my swim suit still here?" I asked. She held it up in her hand. "Let's go." I said.

I was relaxing on a float when someone splashed me. I looked and saw August sitting on the side of the pool. I smiled at him before flicking him off. "Love doing it every day." He said. I rolled my eyes, "You're so childish." I said laughing. He reached over and pulled me to him.

"In all honesty, I want some now." He said. I got out and wrapped my towel around myself. "Boy we have a hour and 20 minutes until we have to go pick up your nieces. It takes a hour just getting to the airport. That's with a little bit of traffic." I said while his kissed my neck and rubbed my ass.

"Ok we have 20 minutes and how I'm feeling right now I might only need 10." He said between kisses. "August, you just want to drain me today huh?" I asked wrapping my arms around him. "Yeah." He said. I pushed him away playfully. "Please baby. We can even get away with a quickie in the airport again if you want." He said winking at me. "Oh my goodness, it was one time and one time only." I exclaimed.

"Ok well lets make it a two time thing then." He said. "I still have the blanket in the trunk." He said. I shook my head, August is something else.

❤️❤️❤️❤️