os: i still love you (bucky)

inspired by @bucky_star 's through the years in the pre war bucky one shots book.

just a little twist on how i think it should've gone :)

also didnt have time to proof read so lmk about errors pleas & thanks :)
~~~

You hadn't spoken to him or hardly seen him since the break up. Ever since he cheated on you with your best friend Jenny, you just couldn't be near him. But you let him in because he looked like a mess and besides, you still loved him.

"Bucky? What's wrong?" You gasped as he stumbled through the door.

"I'm sorry doll. I'm so sorry." He blubbered as he hugged you tightly.

"Let go of me! What do you mean?" You whispered.

"You know I regret that day so much? I think about you all the time." He cried.

"Bucky your drunk. Go home." You say sternly.

"No (Y/N) please, I promise I'm not. Let me explain. I still love you. I haven't stopped. Please just give me another chance." He sobbed.

Your heart broke at the sight of him. He had been your best friend for so long and then one mistake went and ruined that. Friends or lovers, you wanted him back in your life somehow. And you had thick skin.

"I'm sorry Bucky. You know I can't do that." You said hoarsely.

"But we can be friends again, because I do miss seeing your face everyday."

His eyes lit up and he hugged you even tighter.

"Yes yes! Thank you so much (Y/N)! I love you!" He rambled on drunkenly.

Despite his denial you could strongly smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Ah! Just as friends though right?" You teased as light hearted as possible.

He nodded eagerly causing you to smile.

"Come inside Bucky let's get you cleaned up." You sighed and dragged him into the lounge. He sat on the couch obediently as you went to the kitchen.

"So what made you decide to suddenly come tonight? After a whole year?" You asked.

"Jenny broke up with me." He mumbled. You rolled your eyes and your heart sank.

To be honest you didn't even know they had been going out.

...
"You know what James. I think it's time for you to go," you say attempting to hold back tears.

"No doll, please I can explain..."

"No need. I never want to see you again. Please don't comeback," you're voice is weaker than you'd ever heard it before as you shove him out of your door.

His eyes begin to tear up as he goes to say something but the door slams in his face before he can. You slam your back against the door and let out a soul wrenching scream that leads into torrential tears. Every time you let him in he hurts you.

Each cut deeper than the last.

Five Years Later

You sat comfortably in your seat at Starbucks reviewing some briefs before the hearing you were scheduled to prosecute. Prosecution is typically easy, especially considering you used to work with the lead on the defense and you knew his default strategy. You were perfectly focused, that is until someone from your past walks in and steals your sense of reality just as he always had.

All you can do is stare. Not one thought in your mind, other than the fact that you missed his eyes when they look at you. However, all at once, the night it all came crashing down comes flooding back into your mind, causing a lone tear to fall. He can see the heartbreak in your eyes and he knows he's done you bad. You look down quickly back at your notes and try to regain focus as he continues to do what he came here to do which was clearly to get coffee. But even though he probably stopped thinking about you, your mind couldn't stop replaying the night you first broke up. It was like it was a scratched record playing the same part over and over again. Your mind also can't seem to understand how in hell he found you.