i: snapshot moments (bucky)

y/f/n = your full name ***

Trying something new here let me know if you like this and want me to write one for other avengers.

Moment #1
"12 more hours," Bucky says softly with a smirk as he holds you close to him.

A smile tugs on the ends of your lips as the two of you lay together in bed just holding one another. He's the big spoon of course, occasionally pressing kisses to your hair or temple.

"12 more hours," you respond, the same happy grin still plastered on your face.

It took you both years to find someone who made you this happy. You'd never dreamed to love someone as much as Bucky loves you and you love him. Happiness doesn't even begin to describe what you feel just thinking about the fact that you'd had the pleasure of knowing someone so amazing. As you hold each other in the loving silence of the moment, you look back upon all of the demons you faced alone and the ones Bucky helped you face even while battling his own. You decide that you like knowing Bucky will be there and will protect you no matter the cost and even if it doesn't turn out perfect, just this once, going down the courthouse and legally breaking your fear-built walls down is more than okay. It's what you'd always wanted.

Moment #2
You look down at your hand for the nth time today at the stunning engagement ring on your finger. Your eyes pan down to Bucky's metal hand in yours and then up at his face. He had gotten his hair trimmed back to the way it had been before Hydra found him and let's just say, he looks like you might have to sneak a quickie somewhere on the way out. Ha. That'll be a fun story to tell Cap.

"James Barnes and (y/f/n),"

He looks down at your already staring eyes and you grin at each other beginning to head inside the room where it all happens. You walk in hand in hand as he leans down slightly into your ear.

"I love you," he whispers and you squeeze his hand in response as you approach the stand.

Before you can blink, you're married.

Upon signing the license, he grasps your hips with his metal hand and cups your cheek with his other, holding you close in a passionate and gentle kiss. It reminds you so much of the way he kissed you when you'd first started dating. Like he would never get tired of the feeling of your lips against his.

Pulling away, you take each other's hands and hurry out of the building, eager to meet Wanda and Steve for dinner to announce the news at you and Bucky's favorite spot in the city. You were telling the most important wonderful news to the most important wonderful people in your lives (besides each other) and that was more than a celebration for the two of you. Even better, you took a prolonged stroll through the streets of New York, talking and just being together.

Just the two of you.

Moment #3
Your eyes pop open to the sound of a soft baby wail, but you're shocked to find the sound is coming from right next to you.

"Aw Buck, you didn't have to do that," you attempt to smile with your face halfway buried in your pillow.

"Shh doll, go back to sleep," Bucky says as he cradles your little son Milo trying to soothe him to sleep.

"No no no..." you start before drifting back to sleep.

Bucky smiles at your sleeping form and holds your tiny son a little closer, then chuckles at your lack of ability to stay up. He'd been away on missions and barely got to spend any time with his newborn son and since you were exhausted, he took whatever chance he had to cradle his little warm body in his arms.