os: you really dont get it do you? (tony)

You had always hated when Tony went on missions.

When you first started dating you loved it because you went with him. You held down the fort in the sky, flying in to save the day when he jumped from buildings to escape, or kicking ass to guard an area. One day the two of you were out on a mission and hydra ambushed the Avengers. They took you prisoner and he paid almost 2 million dollars to get you back. You felt awful and incredibly guilty and left him for a while hoping to disappear not just from him but from the avengers. He found you and made sure you knew it was alright, that he needed you, and he needed you home.

You came back but now things were different.

While Tony was out on a mission you spent every second of every minute he was gone worrying he wouldn't come home and trying to calm yourself by doing things around the house. The house was always tidy but that was a minor plus against a major disadvantage. When you weren't cleaning or doing laundry , you were parked by your phone. You lived for Steve's hourly updates on whether or not Tony was alive.

The phone rang for the first time in hours and you picked up after the first ring.

"Steve,"

     "(Y/N), I haven't heard from him in a while
     but the others last saw him sinking
     underwater. I don't know for sure, but we're
     going to send people looking for him. I'm
     sure he's alright (y/n),"

"T-Thank you," you can barely squeeze out.

Tears pool in your eyes but you clear them quickly hearing an unexpected knock on the door. You smooth your jeans not knowing who could be behind that door.

"Miss me?" Tony's stupid amazing face appears.

"As a matter of fact I did," you say attempting to slam the door.

He catches the door before it shuts following your angry steps inside. Your arms are folded. You're fuming and you're not sure if there's recovery this time.

"(Y/n) look I'm sorry I didn't contact Steve, I got tied up-," Tony starts.

"Look Tony, I don't care what you got tied up with or to or whatever the hell happened today but I can't keep doing this. This kills me Tony. Every damn time,"

"I know and I appreciate you so much for worrying but you know I have to do this (y/n),"

"Like Hell you do,"

You say having heard enough and walking away from Tony.

"Look, (y/n), you think I want to do this to you? I have a job to do. You always understood this what's changed?"

You look down to the floor and take a deep breath trying to keep your cool. You really wanted to return back to fighting, to knowing Tony was safe, but that was a fight you two had all too often. You look up into his eyes, yours red with pooling tears.

"I ruined everything for you guys Tony. Everything. Why do you even want me back here in the first place?" You say nearly begging.

"You really don't understand do you?"

You look at him with questioning eyes as he looks deep into yours. Filled with pain.

"You're the love of my life. I don't work without you. You're it for me. You're literally all I've got and all I've ever needed and you don't understand this," he sighs trying to hold back tears.

"I can't loose you, (y/n),"

You look into his eyes as he looks on and continues.

"It was never about HYDRA it was never about the money goddamit (y/n) I'd pay it again times five if it came down to it. I am so sorry that this is hurting you, but I'm too selfish of a man to let you back out there again. I won't do it," he looks ahead of you and all you can do is hold him close to you because you know that look in his eye.

He's remembering everything he's been through and he's remembering that he could be ruining you too. You don't want him to believe that. Not even for a second.

You crash into him, your arms wrapped around him as he slowly pulls you into himself, a few tears dropping as he closes his eyes. His hand runs down your hair as you stand there, his eyes closed holding you tight and your lips planting kisses on his neck. You pull away a little, not enough to lose contact and press your lips to his. His hands come up to cup your cheeks and he brings them back down again to your waist. The kiss becomes heated the very moment he does.

He walks you backwards and lifts you up onto the kitchen counter, lifting your arms to wrap around his neck. He kisses down your neck causing a few moans. He briefly pauses and presses his lips to your ear.

"I love you. That's not changing okay?"

You nod with a small smile wanting him to continue kissing you. He realizes and chuckles.

"That desperate for me huh?" He jokes leaning in to kiss your lips.

"You seem pretty excited yourself," you say as he pulls away just enough for you say that.

He kisses you again.

"Can you blame me?" He smirks.

You chuckle and kiss him again, smiling into the kiss.

As much as you missed fighting and as much as you hate sitting up worried, you know he needs you to do that for him. So you would. You would tolerate those hours at home alone because when it came down to it, he deserves the world and you were determined to give as much of that to him as you possibly could.