The boys

"Shit on it," You repeated staring at them mouth slightly open...

They looked up immediately one of them, the Asian one pulled out a knife and pointed it towards you. Feeling threatened, you stood up and yanked your dagger out pointing it at him. The two of you glared at each other for a few tense seconds. If he attacked you were going to fight back with all your might despite being much smaller than him. 

The dark brown haired one shouted, "Hey hey hey! Calm down." And moved quickly between you and the Asian boy.

"Careful Thomas," the Asian said, "She could be anyone, she might kill us. She looks dangerous to me!"

"Then lets at least talk to her and find out." The other said relaxing slightly. The Asian one lowered his knife but didn't put it away, still watching your every move.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" You demanded standing up taller trying to make yourself look braver than you felt.

The pale one moved slowly towards you arms raised to show he wasn't going to hurt you. He had a mixed expression of curiosity and interest on his face. Unlike his friend behind him, who just looked suspicious and cautious.

"I'm Thomas. That's Minho," he said quietly pointing to each of them in turn. You gripped your dagger tightly keeping an eye on the newly named Minho who was behind Thomas and fidgeting restlessly. Even if they were acting friendly they were both bigger than you so if they attacked at the same time they'd overpower you easily.

"I'm Y/n," You replied watching them both closely for any sudden movements. You'd never seen anyone else in the Maze before let alone two boys. So why now were you suddenly finding new friends?

"We don't want to hurt you. We've just never seen anyone else in the Maze before, let alone a girl." Thomas explained saying exactly what you thought.

"I've never seen anyone else in the Maze either. Where do you come from?" You asked growing slightly braver to ask them more questions.

"None of your business," Minho pipped up, you flashed him a dirty look but Thomas ignored him and continued.

"A place called the Glade. What about you?"

You weren't sure whether or not to trust them. They were complete strangers but looking into Thomas' eyes you could only see curiosity. His gentle tone made you more comfortable and willing to talk to him. Maybe they weren't dangerous?

"We call it the Centre," You told him trying to keep it brief.

"We?" Minho asked taking a step closer. He looked slightly more interested and less willing to hurt you but you still noticed has hand firmly on his knife.

"The other girls," You explained.

"There's more of you?"

"Yes. A whole group," You nodded, "Are there more boys?" 

"Yes, a group of about 50," Thomas estimated. That was roughly about the same amount of girls in the Centre. Was there another group hidden in the Maze? The same Maze you'd be running around in for years?

You had many more questions but Minho stopped you before you could ask any of them. "We need to get going the walls will close soon." You looked up at the sun, he was right it was getting close to closing time.

"Can you get back to your Centre?" Thomas asked a soft look in his eyes.

"No," You replied sadly, "You idiots blocked it off when you started all the chaos!" You finished angrily brandishing your dagger again.

Thomas stepped back cautiously putting his hands in the air, "Look, I'm sorry it was an accident, we had no idea that would happen. We didn't even know you were here." You knew it wasn't their fault but you were still annoyed. You couldn't get home because of them.

"We really need to get going," Minho hurried Thomas, putting his machete away.

"But what about her?" Thomas asked Minho gesturing to you.