0.1

While walking home from work, I glanced into the windows of the shops along the road. There was multiple stores along the streets, having been down-town.

I looked away from the mostly dusty windows, running a hand through my hair before adjusting the bag on my shoulder that rested on my opposite hip. The sound of a soft whimper and padded feet prancing behind me made me turn, almost cooing at the sight of an Australian Shepherd pup.

Slowly leaning down, holding my hand out, the pup approached me before sniffing my hand.

"Look at you," I whispered quietly to myself, gently stroking its small ear. I picked it up and grinned as it nuzzled it's snout into my shoulder. There was a pet-shop down the road a bit, so I was just planning on taking it there.

The shop was a lot closer than expected, so when I reached it, I pushed the door open and looked around the shop. There wasn't anyone behind the counter so I huffed in disappointment, biting my lip when a boy came out from a door at the exact moment.

"Everything alright?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow slightly. I nodded slightly, glancing down at the pup in my arms. I walked to the counter, clearing my throat quietly before looking up at the boy, "I found him outside awhile ago, and I can't take him home. Any possibility you can take him in?"

The boy reached out to me, to which I put the fluffy pup in his arms. I looked at his name tag, smiling to myself as I read the name 'Lucas' with a music note beside it.

Lucas nodded, "Yeah, I could probably find a place for him. But I need you to fill something out, just incase there aren't any places for us to put him." He said, smiling softly, "I'll be back in a minute."

He left the counter and walked into the room he first came out of, setting down the ball of fluff (that would really only be the acceptable thing to call him.) to walk around. No one was in the shop, so it couldn't be that bad.

When Lucas came back, he had a piece of paper and a pen that he set on the counter. He smiled at me, handing me the pen, "Just fill this out and then you're free to leave." He murmurs, grinning.

After filling out the paper quickly, only having a small amount of necessary questions, I set down the pen and grinned when I saw the ball of fluff nuzzle my shin.

I kneeled down and pet him again, pouting slightly, "C'ya fella." I sighed and stood up, jumping slightly when I saw Lucas standing there, reading the paper with a smile.

"Jenna. I like that name." He murmured, glancing at me. I blushed, adjusting me bag again, "I'd prefer Jem, thanks." After looking at his name-tag again, I smiled.

"Lucas music-note." I hummed, grinning at the boy that I have come to know as inhumanly tall. He rolled his eyes, "Luke. I guess we both have some disliking to our names." 'Luke' mumbled, leaning against the counter.

I smiled widely, nodding. "So, the music note? Explain." I grinned, wanting to know more about this boy. I liked him, he seemed nice.

Luke shrugged, "I like music."

"Another thing we have in common. I work at El's Records, just a bit up the road. Have you been there?"

Luke nodded, "My best friend works there. His names Michael, he's in my band."

I crossed my arms, frowning, "Upsetting. Michael's my best friend. How come I'm just now meeting you?"

The boy shrugged, sighing loudly, "I don't know." He had his chin perched on his palm, and he was playing with the black ring through the left side of his lip. I'm not going to lie, he was attractive. Really. Attractive.

I slipped my phone from my pocket and checked the time, sighing. "Listen, music note, I have to go." Glancing at the paper, I smiled, "You have my number. Text or call me sometime, yeah?" I murmured.

He nodded and I waved at him before I pushed the door open and walked out. I looked at the pavement as I walked to hide my face because the smile I had could be embarrassing in the busy streets.

Once I got home, I pushed open the door, throwing my bag to the floor and removing my shoes. I ran a hand through my hair, pulling my phone out.

There was a text from an unknown number, making me raise my eyebrow in confusion. Once I read the text, I knew who it was though, making me smile.

'I think I'm gonna take the ball of fluff home. He's cute and I'm also using him as an excuse to text you.'

//

okay so i have tried writing fics many, many, many times and this one i'm going to actually stick to writing !! i'm very excited for this fic nd i hope you are too

i don't know how often i'm going to update but i'll try my hardest :-) ok lob you all