The hallways were slowly by slowly becoming less crowded, until a handful of students were left. Adjusting my backpack over my shoulders, I was about to make my way towards the hall where Jen was, when my phone went off.

Releasing a frustrated breath, I leaned against the lockers and fished my phone out of my pocket, knowing really well who the caller would be.

As expected, it was Dustin.

With a sigh, I pushed myself off the lockers and turned around to face my locker before placing my head on it as I accepted the call.

"WHERE IS MY PICTURE? SCHOOL'S OVER, DID YOU GET ONE?"

I groaned, pulling the phone away from my ear. "Don't scream." I scowled.

"Picture, picture, picture..." Dustin started chanting ignoring what I said.

"I didn't take any of his pictures."

"What? How could you to do this me? Me, your beloved best friend, your favourite cousin, the only charming, handsome man in your life..."

"He's like a celebrity. He's never alone, everyone has got their eyes on him, how can I take a picture like this?!" I whisper yelled into the phone, not wanting to take any risk about anyone hearing me.

I could imagine a pout on Dustin face as he said the next words. "But, don't you love me? My dream to debut as a president of the newspaper club with Dominick's picture, can be seen going down the drain... If only I have someone who really understand my passion and dream..."

I closed my eyes briefly, catching onto Dustin's motive to blackmail me emotionally and get his way.

As much as I hate when he did that, I always fall for it because he had always been there when I needed him, without me having to say anything.

"Urgh...fine!" I hissed into the phone. "I will try to get one tomorrow."

"Yessss..." Dustin cried. "I love you so much." He screamed into the phone before making a kissy sound. "Muahhhhhhhhh..."

I chuckled at his antics. "I love you too. Bye now." I had a small smile on my face. Talking to him always makes me feel good.

"Don't forget the picture." He reminded me.

"Yes sir. One Dominick picture coming right away." I joked making him laugh. We said our final goodbyes and hang up the call. My phone went into the confines of my pocket.

I pushed my forehead away from the locker and shook my head at my stupid cousin/ best friend. Remembering our useless conversation, a chuckle escapes from me as I turned around.

All traces of smile vanished from my face as a surprise gasped escaped from my mouth when I saw a familiar figure leaning at the wall opposite of me.

A lazy smirk was playing on his lips, his arms crossed, eyes set on me. Dominick.

The hallways held a deserted look with only two beings still lingering around, that's him and I.

We kept staring at each other, him in amusement while I was biting my nails on the inside praying he didn't hear any part of my conversation with Dustin which was solely about him. And also dreading to be alone with him.

I waited for him to say something, maybe tease me or mock me or play the trick he played on me a couple of nights back and show his true colour.

Somehow, I was not as terrified of him as I thought I would be once I found out he was the same person from that night.

It was stupid of me to not run when I had the chance instead I opened my big mouth.

"H-How long were you standing there?" I was nervous to hear his answer.