3.|Kitten.

"You look cute."

Jen commented once she saw me making my way out of the house and towards her car.

"Thank you." I blushed at the compliment. "You look pretty too."

"Aww, you're so cute." Jen gushed, making a face as if she didn't know what she was supposed to do with me. She cooed so adorable numerous times until I got inside her car ready to head to school.

I wasn't wearing anything fancy, a simple bright yellow t-shirt and jeans, ducked the shirt under the jeans and paired it with a belt. Then, wore a matching yellow ankle socks and sneakers. The weather was pleasant and going well with my outfit. I had my hair in a high bun, a few strands leaving the confinement of the rubber band and framed my face.

It has been a day since that incident in the alley. Dustin and Jen didn't think twice before informing my mum about the incident. I received an earful from mum and a dozen of pepper sprays. She wanted to buy tasers for me but said, she didn't want to take a chance with me because I'd get curious and test it on myself.

But hey, I wasn't stupid. I might get curious and tempted but I won't...okay, I'd certainly test it on myself just to check how much effective it'd be if I used it on someone else.

I had two pepper strays inside my backpack, mum insisted I keep one or two in every bag I carry.

Dustin was still brooding over the fact that Dominick wasn't showing up at school or was he able to get a glimpse of Dominick during his morning and evening jog. It was going to be a week since his news of arrival reached Dustin's ears and he was losing his mind over Dominick's absence.

Dustin made sure to call me everyday and rant his frustration out over the call.

Our school gate was visible and soon, Jen was pulling up in her usual parking spot. We got out at the same time, Jen waving at someone- her teammates.

"They are calling me over." Jen muttered, eyes focused on them before meeting mine. "I think it's regarding the practice."

"I will wait." I smiled at her and motioned her to go to her teammates. "They need their captain." I said cheekily.

"It will be quick." Jen promised jogging away from me and towards her teammates.

"Ruby." I turned around to find Vinn and Julian waving at me before beckoning me over.

My head quickly turned around towards where Jen, she met my eyes and I motioned towards Vinn and Julian, she got my message as she gave me thumbs up. Turning around, I walked towards the couple.

"Good morning." I chirped happily.

"Good morning." They both greet simultaneously before bickering about who greeted first. I chuckled at the couple who were always bickering yet so cute.

"Whatever." Vinn gave up, like he always have to. Julian was happy to win the argument.

"Anyway, I am returning back the book you wanted to borrow." Julian informed me. I nodded my head at her vigorously, happy with the news. All the copies were on borrow from the library and the assignment was due next week, on Monday.

"Woah..." Vinn let out, his tone dreamy.

"What are you- holy shit." Julian exclaimed, her eyes wide and in awe. Both of their eyes were behind me, looking at someone or something intently and with such awestruck look on their faces.

I slowly turned around, not prepared for what I was about to witness. A fancy, shiny black sports car drove through the school gate and five cars down from Vinn's car- where we were currently standing and gaping- not me but Vinn and Julian.