No More Goody Two Shoes 49

Začať od začiatku

"Goodnight," He hummed into the back of my head.

"Ah-night," And with that, I fell asleep immediately.

The following day at work was interesting. Lisa told me they stayed out for another couple rounds of pool and darts. "Yeah, it was fun. I'd do it again." I smiled back at her. Surprisingly, I was not hungover. When I had woken up, Chase was cooking bacon and eggs. He left orange juice on the nightstand for me too. He's spoiling me.

I leaned back in my chair, rubbing my eyes from staring at spreadsheet after spreadsheet. I should do something to spoil Chase, but what? I checked the time, it was almost eleven. I could repay him the lunch from yesterday. I waited until eleven, grabbed my keys, and headed out. Driving through the city during this time was never fun. I can't believe he did this yesterday for me.

I pulled up to the law firm, walking into the chilly air conditioned lobby. The obsessive blonde was sitting at the desk and smiled at me. "How can I help?"

"Is Chase -- Charlie available?"

"Reason for your visit? Do you have an appointment?" It almost seemed like she was getting defensive. I shook my head.

"No appointment. I just wanted to stop by and see him."

"I'll go check." She stood up, wearing a very similar skirt to what I had been wearing yesterday. When she came back, she shrugged at me and said "He's not in." I stared at her.

"His car is right there," I pointed to the front door, towards where the parking lot was. Did she think I was stupid? Maybe she is being defensive.

"Sorry, I can take a message?" She rolled her eyes lightly at me.

"Why lie?" I questioned Blondey.

"He's not taking visitors right now." She shrugged again. I walked past her desk and down the hall towards his door. I knocked quick and waited. Blondey was right next to me. The door opened, and there he was. "I told her you're not taking visitors, but she just came back here."

"If Ms. Molina stops by, please just send her to me." Chase stared at Blondey. Her eyes rolled before she twisted and walked out front. He shut the door and smiled at me. "Well, this is a nice surprise," he hummed and hugged my waist.

"Good, surprising you is fun," I mumbled into his buttoned up chest. He pulled away slightly before taking one hand up to my face. His smile gave me flutters in my stomach. He pecked my lips quick before pulling me over to his desk.

"Let's pick this up where we left off, yes?" He lifted me slightly and set me on his desk after pushing some paperwork and folders away. I remembered the last time I was here, Britney had knocked on the door and interrupted us with her persistent obsession. I was wearing a knee length tight dress, which was soon hiked up.

"Can you lock the door?" I looked up at him. "I wouldn't want anyone coming in here."

"I already did," he smiled against my neck, planting soft kisses. His hands traveled up and down my bare thighs. Reaching for his slacks, there was a knock on the door. He pulled away and stared at me. "Why do people do this to me?" He whispered. I jumped over the desk and sat in the chair. He shook his pants and pulled them out, trying to hide his happy friend. "Britney." He said as he opened the door.

"You have a lunch appointment at 12 with Mr. Gusso. I just wanted to remind you since you have a client" She said sweetly, emphasizing 'client', which clearly I was no longer.

"And when noon arrives, Ms. Molina and I will be done." He shut the heavy door and turned to me. "She's a buzz-kill." He shook his head.

"She knows I'm not a client, she's probably just jealous that I get attention from you..." He sat down in his large desk chair and I crawled back onto the desk with a smile on my face. "Well?" I sat on the edge in front of him, reaching out with both legs on either side of him. He reached to me, and pulled me down on top of him.

"Well, Ms. Molina," Chase mumbled into my neck. "I like your surprises." I removed myself from on top of him, nearly collapsing from my jelly legs that still had heels strapped to my feet.

"I like giving you surprises." I whispered back. My mouth was numb from how hard he was covering my mouth to suppress any noise. He bit my neck at some point, so I'm positive I have some sort of bruise on my pale skin. I looked back at Chase after fixing my dress. His dark hair was sticking up every way possible.

"What are you laughing at?" he asked while leaning back in his chair, arms behind his head. His smile slowly spread over his face as he spoke.

"You. Your hair. Your bright red face."

"You can't say much about my hair, or my red face. You have a red body, messy attire, and what appears to be a bruise across your neck." I scoffed at him and went for my purse, which held a small compact mirror.

"Oh my god, how am I supposed to leave?" I stared at him. He shrugged with a smile and ran his fingers through his hair, pushing everything back into place. His desk had papers spread everywhere. Thankfully, I had a brush in my purse. I adjusted my dress again and used a tissue to wipe away any misplaced makeup. There was another knock on the door. Chase leaned his head all the way back, sighing, before standing up. He clipped his slacks and buttoned up the top buttons on his shirt before opening the door, which I hid behind.

"Yes?"

"What happened to you?" a man chuckled and tried to enter the room.

"I'm with a client, we'll be wrapping up within the next few minutes." He said in a very professional tone.

"Of course." the man said, Chase shut the door and rubbed his face. I hugged him and removed some mascara that had smudged from my face to the side of his.

"I'll be leaving..." I smiled small at him.

"I'll see you tonight," he kissed my forehead and went back to his chair. He rolled up to his desk, collecting the papers from the floor and organizing them. I turned to open the door, "drive safe," he hummed. I left the room and shut the door behind me.