Chapter 33

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

"I can't believe we had to walk all the way through the forest!" Carrie groans as we sit in the black taxi we hailed. We are sat in the back seats and I watch attentively as the rate increases steadily. The price we're gonna end up paying is sure to be a lot.

"Well, unless you were planning on staying sober all night then you should've taken your car." I shrug and I scowl as she elbows me.

"Don't start, I'm coming because of YOU! It's your fault." I roll my eyes as she glares at the side of my head.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you wanted to come anyways as I clearly remember you saying 'Oh my gosh!!! A club? Count me in!! I need to get laid, ugh... what's better than a human hunk to ravage me! Ooo, can't wait.' Didn't you say that?" I mimic Carrie and she giggles but doesn't deny it.

"Okay, okay! You got me!" I continue looking out of the window and notice that the taxi driver begins to slow down at a traffic light that was still green. Cars zoom past as the driver crawls along and as soon as the light flashes yellow, speeds up slightly and stops before the traffic light. This taxi driver was cheeky! He definitely did that on purpose!

The driver hums to himself and smacks his gum obnoxiously. I nudge Carrie and whisper, "Did you just see that? He just purposely slowed down so he'd stop behind the traffic light! We should have waited for the Uber, just look at the price!"

"It's expected. Black cabs love to do this sort of thing. Especially if they know you're not from around here, they'll purposely go the long way so you pay more. You're right, we should've just waited for the Uber." I agree and cross my arms with a scowl on my face. We had ordered an Uber as it was moderately priced but, somehow, the Uber got lost and we called the guy but he was confused. He ended up somewhere else and was claiming he could see us. The driver was a fool, we ended up having to hail a taxi.

"He's going slowly as well, at this rate we'll get to the club in twenty years!" I raise my voice slightly and the car stops at a traffic light again and I hear the driver turn around.

The old, chubby man glares at me with a cold sneer etched on his face and for some reason, he oddly resembled Peter from Family Guy. "Darlin' don't come to our ends and act like you know how things are run 'round 'ere! This is the quickest way to the nightclub so what'd you expect, mate, I can't cross across the M9 to get to the M6 can I? I gotta go through the tunnel-" 

Suddenly, I feel a rush of anger through my body so I cut off his rambling by snapping, "Well, mate, you're wasting time just here telling me about 'your ends' so how about you get a move on?" I look at Carrie who had a small smile on her face, I'm glad someone found this amusing.

He grumbles under his breath making me snap my head towards him immediately. "Anything to say, Peter?" I ask sarcastically and Carrie bursts out laughing from beside me.

The driver looks at me with a confused face and says, "Peter isn't my na-"

"Yeah, and I don't care. Now drive." I snap at him and he just turns around silently and drives.

"That was mean!" Carrie whispers to me. I feel guilt flood through me and slump against my seat.

"I know! I just suddenly felt angry and I just snapped at him! I feel so bad now, ugh..." I shake my head and look over at Carrie.

Her eyes suddenly glaze over and I realise she's mind linking. I watch, scared as her features contort in fear.

"Jessica, Alpha has realised you're gone, he's asking if anyone knows where you are." She tells me and I sigh. Of course! This guy would never let me have freedom.