PROLOGUE

-PROLOGUE-

(VOTE•COMMENT•FAN)

Enjoy!

|GREY|

* * *

"Forever isn't for everyone. Is forever for you? It sounds like settling down or giving up. But it don't sound much like you."

SONG:SNAP OUT OF IT | ARTIST: ARCTIC MONKEYS

-

I sat in the back of my sister's fiancé's car, my legs were crossed and I repeatedly kicked the seat in front of me. Megan's seat.

Childish, I know.

But I was extremely irritable.

"You became a cop?" I say timidly, remembering the badge I noticed in her wallet at the hospital. Megan looks back at me, "Yea, I did. That's how I met Stefan!" She says longingly looking over to her driving fiancé.

"Great. I'm going to be staying with two mall cops." I mumble, pressing my forehead to the glass of the car window.

"Actually." Megan says, unamused.

I look to her momentarily, folding my arms. "Stefan's with Gang Enforcement & SWAT , and I'm a homicide detective." She shoots.

I roll my eyes, "which speaking of- I need to stop by the office and pick up those dental records." She says looking over to Stefan.

"For what?" Stefan asks, he wasn't like Megan or at least he didn't seem like Megan. He seemed to fun for her, she even had to tell him to put his seatbelt on.

"I have to make a connection by tonight or the case'll get dropped." She says.

And soon enough we were pulling into the Dawson Police Department.

I watched as they both climbed out of the car- gosh they even did that like police officers.

Megan opens my door, "you might wanna come in, this'll take a while." She says. I slide out the car, following behind the two of them.

"You can sit anywhere," Stefan says, "yea I figured." I shoot, folding my arms, I mean this was the waiting room we were standing in.

He nods, stuffing his hands in his pockets, I take a seat and Megan and Stefan talk to another policemen standing behind a counter that had sliding glass windows.

It was boring until a cops rushed In, tugging some guy by the collar. Megan turns around, "what's he in here for this time?" She asks, folding her arms.

The police officer basically slung the guy down into a chair, three seats down.

"IF YOU EVER-" the office shouts in the guys face before Megan rushes over, "Officer De'Santa... Calm down. Calm down." She says, pulling the officer away from the guy who calmly slouched in the chair like it was home.

I look over to him, he looks over to me.

"How many times am I gunna see you this weak, Kid?" Stefan says, coming forward with a few papers in his hands.

The guy shrugs, "however many times you keep sending your stupid spy's to creep on my house." He shoots.

Stefan raises his hands, "don't give us reason to." He shoots back, walking towards Megan and an upset 'Officer De'Santa' a few more seats down.

A few seconds pass, and I find myself wanting to stare- but I don't.

"You gunna ask me?" The guy pipes up, looking over at me. I look to him momentarily and even though 'looking at him' was all I wanted to do, I looked ahead as it there was something better to stare out. "Ask you what?" I ask in boredom.

"You never seen a good cop show, this is the part where you ask me 'what I'm in here for' and I tell you. And you find it sexy-" he begins.

"Maybe I don't wanna know what your in here for." I say.

"Why?" He questions, truly curious.

"Because." I shrug.

"Because why?" He asks, the curiosity in his voice was adorable for someone like him- you know, because I figured it wasn't curious about a lot of things. "DON'T TALK TO HER." Megan rushes over. "Megan-" I begin, rolling my eyes. She grabs the guy up out of his seat, "see yah round." He says to me as she pushes him off into a door that leads down a long narrow hall.

He looks back at me the whole way their, that is- until Megan pushes his head forward, "don't even look at her." She shoots.

And after an hour of sitting in my same seat, in the same waiting room, with these same cops rushing around, Stefan and Megan finally come out, "ready." Stefan says.

I stand tiredly, "who was that guy?" I ask.

"Office De'santa?" She says.

I narrow my eyes, "yea give him my number, will yah." I shoot.

Megan narrows her eyes as well, "we're not. And I mean -NOT- doing this." She shoots back.

"doing what?" I say innocently.

"THIS." She says. "I will not give you the name of a guy you met in a police station. Meet someone at the library." She instructs.

"That's where all the real catch's are at!" Stefan adds.

"But didn't you two meet here." I challenge. "That's different." Megan says.

I fold my arms, "is it." I shoot. "It is." She shoots back. "Stefan isn't a convicted felon who terrorizes the town on a motorcycle with his posse of hooligans." She adds.

"Why, I thought we were still talking about Office De'Santa!" I smile. She rolls her eyes.

"I use to, you know! Those were my young days!" Stefan smiles, she slaps his arm. "Ok that's not the truth," he confesses, "that guys so much cooler than I was in high school!" Stefan adds, Megan slaps his arm again. "But for real, Kid- The cool guys never have anything going for them after highschool. Get you a nerd." Stefan smiles.

It wasn't like I planned on marrying the guy, I just wanted to know is name.

_________________________________

PROLOGUE! How's it going? Hoped you enjoyed it. Chapter One, is sure to be a 'surprise' if you will.

Don't forget to COMMENT•VOTE•FAN

xx