September

Dear Max,

It's been a month since the day you started to talk to me.

Mary Page was the school's goth girl. No one liked her cause she was a bitch. Lets face it. We all knew why though but that's for another letter. She was your first best friend in elementary. And you still talked to her every once in awhile because you are Max Leon.

We were sitting in the far back table by the window in the library. When Mary came. She waved at you then sat at another table. You asked me if it was alright if she joined us. Of course I said yes.

Soon the three of us were all sitting awkwardly. The popular guy, the goth girl, and me the 'plain Jane'.

"Can you do my homework?" Mary asks breaking the silence. Max you face the other direction trying not to laugh.

"Uh sure?" I reply because this is the first time I ever had an actual conversation with people who wanted to be with me.

Max you burst into laughter which earns you a short stare from the librarian.

"That was a test. And you failed." You say between laughs.

"Oh." I reply not really understanding.

"You're suppose to say no." Mary says.

"No?"

"Not a weak 'no?', A strong N-O. " Mary says.

We all fall silent again due to the fact no one had anything to say and the librarian would've given us detention.