Chapter 1

"Babe, get your stupid butt over here."

Keith looked up from his cereal, staring at his boyfriend with dead eyes. Lance sprawled across their small couch, hanging his head off the arm rest.

"I'm eating," Keith finally replied, lifting another spoonful into his mouth. He continued to stare at Lance, unamused.

"But Keeeeff," Lance whined. "I'm so lonely!"

"I'm literally right here."

"Yeah, so far away!"

Keith sighed, scooting his chair out and opening his arms wide. "If you really want me that badly, then come over here. I'm not getting up." Lance grinned, throwing himself off the couch. He sat himself on Keith's lap; backwards, of course. Their noses touched, and Lance smiled before snuggling closer to Keith's chest.

"Why do you always choose this position?" Keith asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"It's comfortable! Besides, when I sit like this it feels like I'm hugging you the entire time." Keith chuckled lightly, reaching over Lance's back to resume eating.

"Hey Keith," Lance began, his tone somewhat more serious.

"Hm?" Keith hummed, stroking Lance's back lightly.

"Do you really love me?" His voice sounded so... vulnerable. Keith's heart broke, and he pushed Lance away a little so he could study his face.

"Lance. Where did this come from?"

"I just..." Lance trailed off, not meeting Keith's gaze. Keith waited patiently. "I guess I just wanted to make sure you really wanted to date me. You know, that you weren't dating me out of pity or anything. I don't want to bother you. I know I can be annoying, but-"

His sentence was cut off as Keith pressed his lips to Lance's mouth. After a tender moment, Keith pulled away to study Lance's pink face.

"Lance, I know I'm not very good at showing affection or anything. It's really hard for me to initiate contact the way you do. I guess I just show love differently." He sighed, looking down. "I know that physical contact is something you really need in a relationship, so I'll try to work on it more. Just know that I really do love you. I love you with all my heart." Lance had dissolved into a blushing mess.

"You really do?"

"Yeah, Lance, I do."

"I love you too, Keith."

"I know."

Lance smiled, nuzzling his head into the crook of Keith's neck. Keith resumed eating, a smile dancing across his lips.

(401 Words) 

Sorry for the short chapter! I might end up drawing this one out, so I'll update you guys as I go. Thanks for reading! Oh and if you haven't already, be sure to check out my other fic "Connections". xoxo yall