Chapter 69 Change Your Fate

Start from the beginning

Xiao insides began to shake, he knew he wasn't imagining it. Heine's fingers were growing colder and colder, the strength of his grip was rapidly waning. Heine suddenly stumbled backwards, leaning heavily against the wall, his breathing was so labored it seemed it could stop at any moment.

Xiao Yan did not look back, he stepped in front of Heine, blocking him from Casey.

"Give me... give me an antidote to the accelerator!"

"If I give you the antidote, you will stay with that man and not come with me. I am accustomed to having you by my side. I have spent too much energy planning this air raid to leave without you.

"So all this time the spy lurking about the Shire was you?" Xiao Yan's brain swirled with thoughts of escape, he struggled to accept the reality of Casey's identity, but he knows that he must remain calm.

It is not just for him, he must protect Heine.

"Actually we don't like to be referred to as an organization. Compared to the greenhouse of the Shire, we believe you are like a captive lamb. Now you have another choice, come with me and be our lamb."

His green eyes liquefy with temptation, as if he will provide for Xiao Yan a more beautiful world. Casey kneeled down and touched Xiao Yan's forehead.

"You are very important to me Xiao Yan. Come with me."

"You will open my skull and remove my brain." Xiao's voice gathers ice as he accepts the reality of Casey's betrayal. He looks for the best way to escape with Heine.

Casey sighs and shakes his head. "Fool, you are my friend. We can explore the world together, we need your wisdom not just a brain."

Fuck! Xiao suddenly slammed his knee into Casey's lower abdomen.

Casey looked with widened and shocked eyes as Xiao smashed a fish through his chest. The sound of his sternum breaking rang through the room. Casey fell backward onto the mattress.

It was then that Casey noticed Xiao Yan was holding a small syringe in his hand. He had injected himself with X-2.

Xiao put Heine on his back and ran out.

Casey gritted his teeth and his hands balled up into his fists, his sternum was already crackling as it healed, and his loud voice boomed along the hall. "Xiao Yan! Did you forget about the world outside? Don't you want to go? The Shire cannot offer you any freedom."

"Put me down." Heine's spoke into his ear.

His chin rested on Xiao's shoulder. His face was pale and his normally commanding tone was weakened and strained.

"I will not."

"You will be caught by Casey."

Xiao Yan rushed through the hall and pressed the button at the end of the passage. He was unable to lock down the channel. Casey must have modified the master settings.

At this point, Xiao Yan understands with complete clarity that Casey was the one who tore through his mind that day in the lab.

It was a good thing that Heine had diligently restricted him from talking with Casey about the details of his research, otherwise Casey would have long mastered his project.

He longer has any wayward thoughts or doubts. Casey's fervent appeal to their friendship, in order to cajole him into coming, incinerates to nothing in his mind.