Chapter 2: Shepherd's

Start from the beginning

The thing that suprised me though was that she had a familiar face as one of her guards. Observe.

LuciaLVL: 10Class: SwordmasterRace: HumanGender: FemaleHP: 41Weapon: Silver SwordFaction: Royal guard of Ylisse

Lucia
LVL: 10
Class: Swordmaster
Race: Human
Gender: Female
HP: 41
Weapon: Silver Sword
Faction: Royal guard of Ylisse

That's actually very fitting. Her story in this world is probably similar to the one in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, although I wonder if her brother, Geoffrey, is in this as well. I shook my head of those thoughts as Robin spoke "The Exalt is your ruler, yes?" Frederick answered her "Yes. Her name is Lady Emmeryn." Robin then asked "Is it safe for her to walk among commoners like this?" She finished with a confused look.

Frederick explains "The Exalt is a symbol of peace-- Ylisse's most prized quality. Long ago, at the dawn of our age, the fell dragon tried to destroy the world. But the first Exalt joined forces with the divine dragon and laid the beast low. Exalt Emmeryn reminds us all of the peace we fought for then." He finished.

That's all well and good, but unfortunately human nature is by the very definition, Chaotic. The last Exalt is a prime example of how different people are, even compared to there own family.

Chrom spoke up "With Plegia poking at our borders, the people need her. She's a calming presence, when some might otherwise call for war." Robin spoke with a smile "Then the Ylissean people are lucky to have her." I looked over to Lissa as she giggled loudly "She's also the best big sister anyone could ask for!" Robin replied "Yes, I imagine she..." Then Lissa's words fully registered "Wait what? She's your... but wouldn't that make you and Chrom..." Frederick smiled, completely amused for once, and spoke "The prince and princess of the realm, yes. You remember Chrom's name and not this?" Robin shot back "You said you were "Shepherds"!" Chrom spoke seriously "And so we are...in a manner of speaking. We just have a LOT of sheep." He finished slightly amused.

Robin then bowed towards the siblings "C-Chrom... I mean, Prince Chrom! Sire! Forgive my dreadful manners!" She then looked at me, Sonia, and Lyn "Y/N! Sonia! Lyn! You need to bow too!" I shook my head "He isn't my lord and miss Emmeryn isn't my Exalt. I'm a mercenary, remember? Also I literally said prince Chrom and princess Lissa when we first met. Were you listening at that time?" She blushed at me "I-I wasn't paying attention!" She stammered.

I raised my eyebrow at that "Then what were you paying attention to?" I saw her eye quickly trailed down my body before snapping back to my face "N-Nothing!" She exclaimed with a blush. I raised my other eyebrow at that 'What do we have here? A slightly perverted Robin?' I mentally mused to myself. Chrom spoke up "As fun as this is, just Chrom is fine. I've never been much for formalities." He finished, slightly amused.

Robin regained her composure "The prince and princess... That explains why Frederick tolerates all the teasing, eh?" Frederick nodded with a resigned look on his face "Indeed. Oh, the sacrifices I make for the good of the realm..." I saw Chrom roll his eyes "It looks like Emm is returning to the palace. Would you like to meet her?" Us newcomers nodded at the question while Sully and Micaiah left to the Shepherd's barracks, with Virion following her, and we made our way to the palace.