10.

ELIJAH POV

"Yo. This track is fire" Renzo said. Nodding I bumped my head to the song. I've been working hard on my new music. I wanted to try something different this time around and it seems to be working.

Kids were at school and Jaelynn was at work. So it left me and Renzo to just do this music and vibe out. "How did you manage to be a father to two girls?" He asked.

"It's tough! Especially zahrie she's the one with attitude and she just got in trouble for sneaking out with a boy".

"Damn, I don't want Cali to even think about boys. It's crazy we know what boys be thinking and here we are with girls".

"Karma, it's all karma!" I joked. Someone knocked on the studio door. We both looked at each other. "You expecting someone?" I asked Renzo. "Nope".

I got up and opened the door to see a woman standing there "Umm who are you?".

"Oh I'm sorry, your wife had out an add about needing a nanny" the woman said. But looking at her she didn't look manny material. Especially the way she was dressed. "I wasn't aware she did that" looking at Renzo who shrugged his shoulders.

"Is this a bad time? I can always come back later"
She said.

"Umm yeah I think it'll be best if you came back when she was here" I said. She woman smiled "no problem" she waved at me and disappeared.

"Jaelynn put an ad out for a nanny?" Renzo asked.

"I don't know she didn't say anything to me about it"
I said.

"Hold up? Your kids are grown. Except Sadé. But your kids can take care of themselves" Renzo said.

"We need to stop smoking so much. Now I'm confused on what just happened. I'll just wait for Jaelynn to come home to ask her about all of this. In the meantime let's finish with this track" I said.

Later on I came into the kitchen to see Jaelynn there cooking. "Did you put an ad out for a nanny?" She turned to me "why would I do that?".

"I don't know but some woman came here earlier claiming she was responding to an ad to put for a nanny".

"Elijah why would I put an ad out when our kids are basically grown. And why would you let her in?!".

"I was confused! She caught me off guard" I said.

Jaelynn shook her head "god forbid she came here to kill you and Renzo she would've had no problem".

"I don't know where she came from" I said. Jaelynn glanced at me "I think it's time we tell the kids what's really going on".

"Why?!" I asked.

"Because now we have anonymous people coming by here and we don't know what their motives are or who sent them. At least we can have the kids on alert".

Scratching the back of my neck "you sure about this?!".

She nodded "we have too".

//

JAELYNN POV

We called all of the kids down to the living room.
One by one they came and took a seat in the couch.
Zahrie was the last one to come down as usual. She crossed her arms and sat in the love seat.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Well dad and I wanted to tell you guys something. Now before we get into it. Don't ask questions until we are done explaining. Understand?".

They all nodded.

"Okay so dad and I are in a weird business of taking people out" I said.

"Huh? So you guys are cheating on each other?"
Maddox asked.

"What did I say?" I asked. "And no".

"What your mom is trying to say is that we have killed people before" zahrie raises her brow "Yeah okay! Is it April fools?".

"We are dead serious! We won't tell you how many we have murdered in the past but we have enemies out there who are our to get us. And we want you kids to be on alert just Incase they try and come after you".

"Uh-uh! Hold up? Why they got to come after us?" Maddox asked.

"Because you're our children. So always be on alert with everyone".

"Zahrie your history teacher is one of them. So please be wary of him" Elijah said.

"This is too much for me to process! My parents are murderers! And this whole time I thought maybe it was something of you guys writing bad checks".

"Well boom the big secret is out!. Hence why you couldn't do your project. We ended up taking out grandma and grandpa and well your dads mom is in jail because she killed dads ex girlfriend or that's what they think. She was a old miserable bitch anyway so she's didn't where she belongs".

"So if I needed you both to take out my English teacher—" I cut off Maddox before he could finish "Don't even try it".

"Damn I was just saying. She's getting out of hand and someone needs to put her in her place and thy sounds like something you both could do".

"Maddox don't ask anymore questions" Elijah warned.

"So what should I do about my history teacher?" Zahrie asked.

"This is why I told you to switch out but no you couldn't listen for once" I said.

"Well I didn't know it was this deep!" She said.

"Anyway none of this leaves this house. Zahrie don't tell Solana and same goes to you Maddox. Since you both have big mouths out of the four of you".

"So now you guys know somewhat of what we do. This meeting is over" I said. No one moved. They seemed in shock still. I glanced at Elijah who facepalmed himself shaking his head. I mean we had to tell them what we did. Especially since has unexpected visitors out of nowhere. What if that happens when they're home?. They have to be prepared.