"What do you want me to say?" He asks finally, his voice as flat and empty as his eyes.

"Tell me who is hurting you," I order crossing my arms.

"Other than you?"

"Look, I'm really sorry for what I did. I lost control over something stupid and hurt you even though you were just trying to help me out. But please, tell me what is going on," I plead.

"Why? So you can go and tell everyone?"

I snort, "Believe me, I have plenty of secrets. What's one more?"

Darkon gives in like I knew he would. He wants to talk, I can tell. So he does.

"My older brother," He answers with a sigh. "He's the one that hurts me. It's nothing really."

"Don't say that."

"What?" Darkon asks, confused.

"Don't say that it's nothing. Everything is something. Every action has a consequence. Clearly, your brother is doing something," I tell him.

"Amadeus, he-he," Darkon says, choking up.

I stand and tentatively wrap my arms around the large man. He instantly envelops me in a hug. I lean my head on his chest and we just stand there.

We both know what it is like to have someone hurt us over and over again and have no way of stopping them. I can't fix the problem, but I can be there for Darkon.

Pulling back, I stare into his eyes and say, "I don't care what's going on. If you ever need someone, I'll be there."

A smile spreads across his face and he murmurs, "Thank you, Rage. For now, though, we should probably get to class."

With a laugh, I follow him out of the room and head to my class.

I meant what I said.

I will be there for Darkon as long as he needs me.

  • • •  

I grab a tray and pile food onto it. After putting in my lunch number, I survey the cafeteria. Asher and Darkon are sitting together and Kolton and Nekoda are sitting together. I'd have to choose which pair to sit with. Thankfully, I spot a familiar head of pastel green hair.

Making my over to Victoria, I keep my head down and ignore the catcalls and shouts of the other students. Until one stops me cold in my tracks.

"That girl Rage is my new whore."

I stride to Victoria and set my tray down.

"Watch my food. I gotta kill a guy."

Victoria nods. "Have fun!"

"Oh, I will," I agree, my lips curling into a dangerous smile.

I stomp over to the table where I heard the voice.

"Hey, babe," The owner of the voice says. "I got your seat right here."

He slaps his thigh with a cocky grin.

I purr sweetly, "No thanks, it looks kind of small."

"Aww, come on. We're just having fun," He replies, sulking slightly as his friends all exclaim, "Oohh..."

"Fun?" I echo, grinning wildly. "Thanks for the invitation."

Quickly, I reach out and slam his head into his tray of food. Discreetly, I freeze part of the food so that it will stick to his face for a while.