I force the emotions to clear from my face as I notice Nekoda carefully studying me.

"How long have you known each other?" I ask Nekoda to distract him.

"A few years."

"How old are you two?"

"Seventeen almost eighteen."

"What's your favorite color?" I ask rapid fire.

"White."

"Any siblings?"

"Some brothers. All jerks."

"How long have you known each other?"

"Our whole live—Hey!"

Grinning smugly, I lean back against the couch.

"She got you!" Kolton exclaims, cackling with laughter. "Hey, Rage, know any good jokes?"

"I'm not sure where that just came from, but yeah," I say. "Why did Anakin Skywalker cross the road?"

"Why?" Kolton asks while Nekoda freezes slightly.

"To get to the Dark Side."

Kolton chuckles. Nekoda grins and all but squeals, "You like Star Wars?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Oh, he more than likes it," Kolton answers for him.

Nekoda tugs on the ends of his white hair and cleans the emotions from his face.

"I enjoy watching it," He says stonily.

"Oh, please," Kolton scoffs. "She already saw you, you don't have to pretend to be so icy anymore."

"Thank goodness!" Nekoda exclaims flopping backward on the couch. "Do you know how uncomfortable it is to sit properly?! I don't advise you to try it, that's for sure."

I blink. And blink again.

"I'm a little lost here..." I announce slowly.

"Aren't we all?"

"Ah! Let's play a card game," Kolton decides, pulling out a simple deck of cards. He quickly shuffles through them.

"What are we gonna play?" I ask, leaning forward. I like to win.

"Go Fish!" He announces.

I shrug. Why not? Unfortunately, it is a game of chance which will make my win harder. But it will make it so much sweeter of a victory.

We spend the rest of our time hanging out and just getting to know each other. And winning. I won every single round.

"I know you cheated!" Nekoda exclaims as we walk back to the school.

"Nope. Not that it would be that hard," I reply thoughtfully, dreaming up all the ways that I could cheat at Go Fish.

As we enter the school, Nekoda straightens up instinctively and his face goes completely clear. I am about to question him about his behavior when I spot Darkon.

"Bye, you guys!" I call as I hurry to Darkon. "Darkon!"

He turns around and sees me. He has healed remarkably well from the damage that I did. In his black eyes, I see the worst possible emotion. Defeat. He isn't mad at me, he isn't upset, he isn't scared. He has given up. This isn't just from me, this is from something far worse. Something I know all too well.

I grab him by the wrist and gently pull Darkon into an empty classroom. I sit down on a desk and command, "Spill."

Darkon just stares at me with empty eyes.