Chapter 18

Colin's sight wavered. He stumbled into a tree, the feeling of his bones cracking seemingly echoing through his head.

His eyes trailed up to the sky, silently crying out a plea for aid.

His gaze faded to black as his beast took over.

*******

Adelisa hummed softly as she carried the small boy to his room. His head was tucked gently into her neck and his soft breaths were felt upon the skin of her throat.

She pushed door open and laid Jack down on his bed, tucking the blankets up to his chin.

When she had left the room, she was surprised to see the Mother Luna, arms crossed over her chest.

"Adelisa." She nodded.

"Yes?" Adelisa has no idea what to expect. Colin always tried to keep her isolated from the goddess.

"I need you to come somewhere with me, since you obviously do not want my son as of yet."

"Okay... Where?"

A smirk danced on her lips and a whirlwind surrounded her. A scream ripped through her throat before she felt herself fall onto soft grass.

She began crying at the shock of it, a small group of people running to see her.

"Are you okay?"

"Who are you?"

"Are you the Luna?"

She looked sheepishly around at the people. They all looked so nice, unlike the people whom Colin lived with. They all looked ready to kill.

"Where am I?" She murmured.

"This is the other half of The Pack."

She looked at them in confusion.

"Long ago, when our Mother Luna created the werewolf, she created one Pack for them to all live in harmony. However, due to the lack of Warrior Alpha, his side of the pack left, to Europe, while their Alpha finished his training in Greece. We remained here, in refuge, while the other Alpha foolishly ran from his responsibilities-"

"Enough." A voice calmly said. "Alpha Hendrix was a boy. One who was scared to mess up, and one who was forced to do the Mother's bidding. Do not resent him. Resent her." He said, coming into view.

She gave her surroundings a look over. The setting sun cast the land in a golden glow, the tall grass she sat in gently swaying in the wind.

Tall mountains surrounded the large valley, it's black and gray stone glinting in the waning sunlight.

"Come, Luna Hendrix."

The man who had defended her mate helped her stand and guided her down a long path, towards a forest at the end of the valley.

She took notice of the odd clothing which nearly everyone was wearing.

A few women she saw were wearing dresses, some in pants, and some in clothing that left nearly nothing to the imagination. The men, at least most of them, wore pants that didn't go below the knee.

"Why is everyone dressed so oddly?"

"Ah. The men, you see, are wearing shorts, which a few of our women wear an even shorter variation of."

Adelisa nodded and continued following him.

"So, do you know why I'm here?" Adelisa asked as they drew closer to the forest.

"The Mother Luna has been expecting you here for months. I don't know why though."

She saw many homes that trailed up the mountainside pathway, all seemingly abandoned.