Chapter 10

"One day, my son, you will become a true alpha. Once you are ready, of course."

"What is an alpha, mother?" Colin was but mere boy.

"An Alpha is a man who is the strongest, most intelligent, most loyal man of his pack. He is a true leader, and there will only ever be one true Alpha, Colin. And that is you."

******

Adelisa opened her eyes slowly. Snow was coming down outside.

But it's spring! She thought to herself, confused.

She felt something move behind her and tighten around her waist. She turned around slowly and came face to face with Colin.

His face was relaxed, his eyelashes resting upon his cheeks.

She blushed. There was no doubt in her mind that Colin was attractive.

His brows furrowed before his dark blue eyes opened.

"Good morning," he said huskily, "I missed you."

"Why?" She looked to his chin in embarrassment. How improper to... She felt ashamed of herself. Especially when she remembered what he had done.

"I didn't see your beautiful eyes." He sighed lightly, "I also didn't get to see you because I was asleep."

She pushed against his chest and tried to get away from his hold.

"Adelisa," he whined lightly, "Where are you going?"

"Um..." She thought quickly, "the bathroom."

He groaned as released his strong grip on her.

The door closed and Colin sighed. He was anxious for her to come out. Her scent kept him calm and her touch...

He heard the window open in the bathroom. He jumped up and ran to the door.

"Adelisa!" He asked, panicked. It never crossed his mind that she could have been trying to escape him.

"Yes?" She called out.

"Did you open the window?"

She hesitated before replying to him. "Yes."

"Why?"

"It was hot?" She said, "and I like the snow."

She bit her lip and pulled herself back inside. She had no idea how he could have possibly heard the window open.

"Come out here and we can watch it together."

"Okay." She closed the window and walked to the door.

She cracked it open and Colin smiled widely at her. She smiled back. It looked... Cute on him. He picked her up and walked to the chair by the door. He sat down and put her in his lap.

"Um, Colin?" Adelisa asked softly.

"Yes?"

"Do you not find it... Improper... To act like this?" She looked at him, blushing.

"Not really. Honestly? It is natural to want to be close to someone you care for... And love." He murmured, placing his face in her neck.

"Love?!" She spun around, pushing on his chest, "But we barely know each other!"

He growled lowly. "So? Does it matter?"

She looked down, "I guess so..."

"It doesn't." He pulled her chin up to look at her eyes, "You are my god given mate, and I will kill the devil if you are taken from me."