Chapter 14

"My son will not need a mate."

"Will he never receive one?"

"Like I said, he will not need one." The mother luna smirked as she watched the young boy sleep.

"He will be far too dangerous for one, anyway."

******

His head was starting to hurt. Tiredness was in every fiber of his being, weighing him down to where he didn't want to move.

He had no reason to move.

Since when had she nestled her way into his heart? He missed her warmth, her eyes, her scent.

He missed everything about Adelisa.

Could he let her go? Leave her alone to find another man to spend her life, leaving him in death, while he, cursed with immortality, lived on forever, scarred by her memory?

Not in a million fucking years.

Her pretty face smiled behind his closed eyelids, taunting him with her absence.

He frowned when he heard it, harsh whispers bickering back and forth. He could hear Ares. He could even hear the primal voice of his beast.

Ares was rational, saying that he wanted to end Zeus' existence and return to his other half.

But, the beast would growl and grow angry and jealous, claiming that she was his.

The door opened, cautiously. "Holy shit, Colin." Leo breathed.

He made no movements. He didn't feel like it.

"I-What do you need?"

He made no move to respond.

"We can bring Adelisa back—" Leo began to panic, his alpha looked dead.

When the strongest person he knew suddenly became so weak, it made him scared.

"She hates me." Colin grit out. His anger was growing by the second.

"I know. We can fix this, because you are her mate too."

"What if I told you that she wasn't mine?" He chuckled darkly. "She destined for Ares."

"You are Ares now. I don't give a shit what you say, Colin. She is coming back."

******

"Quit fucking around with Colin." Leo sneered.

"I'm doing what is best for him." She replied.

"No, you're not."

"I made him. I know exactly what to do for him."

"You made him into a killing machine."

She whirled around and slapped him, the noise resonating through the large library.

He had to admit, the woman could pack a punch. He had staggered back, she was a goddess after all.

"I have lost all respect for you." He growled at her, gaining his composure. Spinning on his heel, he left the room.

He stopped in the large hallway, releasing a long breath.

A snow began falling from the sky and he knew that there was no way that he could leave.

He would survive, but no human could.

The world felt like it was crashing down around him, and Colin was stuck in his own head, fighting who knew what.

He jumped when a saw it, a darkness in the light.