Chapter 12

"Colin, who is she?"

He looked to the woman who was walking with him.

"This is Bridget-"

"What are you thinking?!" The Mother Luna grit out, "She is not you mate!"

"But-" He was too late.

"Colin?!" Bridget screamed as the Mother Luna gripped her neck, right before she plunged a dagger into the young woman's heart.

******

"Luna! Look what I made!" Adelisa smiled at the pup as he held up a chain of flowers.

"Put it in her hair!" A girl gasped, "It would look so pretty!"

Adelisa giggled softly. "It is a very beautiful chain... Do you want one, Lucy?" She asked as Harry placed the chain on her head like a crown.

"Will you help me make another one? And you too, Harry?"

The two smiled and ran off, looking for flowers.

Just as Adelisa stood to go, a pair of arms wound around her waist, pulling her back down to the soft grass.

She let out a small yelp as she landed on a lap. Spinning around quickly, she came face to face with Colin.

"What are you doing?" Colin asked softly.

"I was playing with a few of the children, but it is close to dinner time now, so I would assume that they went to eat..."

He pulled her closer to his chest. Adelisa now felt his cool breath against her lips. She shut her eyes tightly and released a trembling breath. When her eyes opened, he was staring at her intensely.

He moved closer to her, his lips brushing hers. Her eyes fluttered shut when he closed the remaining distance between them.

It felt as though sparks were erupting between her and Colin, a wondrous feeling. 

He laid his back to the ground and ran his hands over her back, pulling her impossibly closer.

She pulled away from him, gasping for air. She was blushing furiously, making Colin chuckle deeply.

"You are stunning, mate." He muttered.

"What?" She whispered, dazed.

"Alpha?!" A voice called. Adelisa quickly snapped to her senses and scrambled off of Colin.

Leo came around the bend in garden. "Hey Colin–"

Leo stopped in front of the fuming alpha. "Dinner is ready."

Colin nodded. "Go away."

"No, 'thanks Leo, I was pretty hungry?' I see how it is."

He grit his teeth. "Thank you, Leo."

Adelisa giggled softly.

Leo kneeled beside her. "Your mate is oh so gracious, Luna. Please, thank him for me." He feigned.

Adelisa laughed louder. Colin grew angrier. Why couldn't he please his mate that way?

When Leo heard a bone pop in his alpha, he knew he had taken his jokes too far.

Colin didn't even truly realize he was shifting. He felt it, but his anger was simply overwhelming.

She was his. Leo didn't deserve to see his Adelisa.

"Mine." He growled, hair sprouting on his arms.

Adelisa gasped watching him. His skin rippled, his height increasing.