Bonus Chapter [2]

Part two of the bonus chapter. Enjoy.

______________________________________

"Mate," I say breatlessly, my feets rooted to the floor. My gaze was stuck on the mate mark Lucas had which was imprinted on the back of my shoulder.

Forcing my lifeless body to work, I stalked towards my mate's lifeless body. Finally making it next to his body, I stopped, plopping myself onto the cold tiled floor.

A shrill cry escaped my lips, tears tumbled down my cheek as I cried for the loss of my mate.

"Lucas, please get up. You can't leave me like this. You can't leave your mate like this," I pulled onto his lifeless arm, grasping it like it was my life.

"Lucas, get up," I urged. I can't lose my mate like this. Why would the Moon Goddess do this to me?

"Ruth, are you alright? We heard you cries--" Zander barged in, halting as he stood beside me.

"Za-Zander, tell him to get up," I stood up and folded my hands together in front of Zander.

"Ruth, I.." he looked away, unable to look into my eyes any longer. "Ruth, I can't," he faced me, looking into my eyes once more.

I punched at his chest, making him back away quickly,"What do you mean you can't! Lucas can't die like this. He can't leave his mate like this."

I stalked towards his body, holding his limp hand. It felt unusually cold and dead in my arms. More tears pooled out of my eyes, tumbling down my cheeks as the feeling of severe hurt stabbed violently at my heart. I kissed his hand, hoping that this would be the key to awaken him.

"Lucas, wake up. Lo-look. Yo-your mate i-is here. Look at me." I tried speaking to him.

Someone knelt beside me and pulled me towards them, embracing me in their hug. It took me quite a while to realise that I was in Zander's arms. I placed my hands on his chest and forcefully pulled at the shirt bunched up in my hands. I cried in my brother's arms, relishing in the bits of comfort it gave me.

My wolf and I cried. We cried for our mate. We cried to ease the pain, although deep down, we knew the pain of losing a mate was unbearable.

"Shhh... everything's going to be alright. Just calm down for me," he gently caressed my hair, and I could feel my ragged breaths slowing.

"M-my mate, Zander. H-he's go-going t-to wake up, r-right?" I questioned Zander, although the unwanted answer was quietly sitting in my head and awaiting to surface.

"Ruth, he surely will. But for now, let him rest for a bit."

"Yes, Lucas will wake up."

Mine and Zander's heads snapped towards the source of the voice. Alyssa stood by the door, lazily leaning on it to give her some support. Her face was pale, some dark circles under her eyes.

"Alyssa, what are you doing here? You're suppose to be resting?" Zander and I asked her at the same.

She ignored our question and began to limp towards Lucas' bed. I turned to Zander and gave him a slight nod, telling him to go help her out. With a gentle smile, he placed a kiss on my forehead and stood up, walking towards Alyssa, as he placed his hand around her waist to help her.

He slowly helped her towards Lucas' bed. I gazed at Alyssa, feeling the same hurt she felt right now for seeing her dead friend and my dead mate.

"Lucas can't die on us like this," her whisper was barely audible, but I'd managed to hear her words.

In an instant, she placed her right palm right on Lucas' chest, right above his heart.

I stood on my feet, watching carefully as Alyssa's arm turned some weird red and orange power, the electrical energy surging through her arm and into his body.

My breath hitched as the machine began working, showing his pulse beating again. A wide smile lip up my entire face.

"I'll call the doctor," Zander said, before heading out.

Seconds later, the doctor rushed in along with nurses, throwing in commands from one place to another. I watched as the oxygen mask was placed on his face.

I neared his bed, holding his hand as I felt the warmth radiating through them again. I turned to Alyssa, who stood limply beside the bed with Zander next to her as her support.

Without thinking I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her, nearly knocking her off her feet.

"Thank you, Alyssa. I don't know how to say this, but thank you for saving him. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here." I pulled away, a wide grin on my face.

"No, problem, Ruth. Luckily, Zander had managed to inform me about this through mind link."

My gaze went over to Zander, who looked at me with a soft smile plastered on his face.

"Zander," I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you so much for this. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here to save him," my voice became shaky.

With a soft smile, Alyssa wiped away the tear that had managed to tumble down my cheeks.

"Lucas is also my friend, Ruth. And I would do anything to keep him alive and safe. For me, as his friend and for you as his mate."

Her kind words brought warmth inside of me, making me appreciate her kind and helpful nature.

I pulled away from Zander, turning around to face Lucas, who was now connected to several machines and tubes.

I slowly walked towards him and gently held his hand in mine, giving it a light kiss.

Happy that my mate had escaped the jaws of death.

Happy that's he's here with me and his family.

Safe and sound.

________________________________

Hey, everyone. Here's the bonus chapter I had forgotten to publish. I can't believe that I had forgotten to publish it and left you all hanging. I'm so sorry for this huge mistake.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!