Chapter 1

"Children! Come on it's time for lunch! But tidy up and put away your toys first." I gently call out to the children playing in the yard.

I watched in awe as the little children began to put away their toys, giggling in the process. I quickly head to the dining table to make sure that everything is set for lunch.

"Do you need any help, Ms Sky?" Arielle asked as she entered into the dining room, wiping her wet hands on her apron, before looking at me.

"No, thank you, Arielle. And please, call me Alyssa. You're like a mother to me. Don't forget that." I said and have her a side hug and she smiled at me, looking younger than usual.

Arielle is a beautiful young lady in her mid forties. She had beautiful brunette hair that she always tied up in a bear bun and very fair flawless skin that complemented her hazel eyes. She works along side me in the orphanage and she's a second mother figure to me.

The dining room filled with noise as the children ran into the room, little squeals filling the air as they took their places, getting ready for lunch.

"Shhh... children. Come on you need to settle down a bit before you can start eating. Who would like to pray for us today?" I asked and a little blond girl with soft blue eyes, Cathy raised her hand.

I smiled at her as she began to say a short prayer.

As soon as she was done, the children began to eat, chatting to each other once in a while, some of them messing their faces with food. So cute.

"Sorry, I'm late," someone said behind me. I turned around knowing exactly who it is.

"Uncle Luke," the children shouted out in hot as he went around giving each and every single one of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I watched the scene unfold before me and my heart flattered in happiness. I love my job. But I love these children more.

"Having a great day as always?" Lucas asked as stood beside me. I have him a bear hug and turned to watch the children eatting and laughing together. Like family.

"Yep. I can't get enough of these little angels. I love them so much," I said to Lucas, my one and only best friend.

Today he had his brown hair tied up in a small ponytail. He did wear his sunglasses today, so his striking blue eyes shone a bit more.

"Just as much as you love me, Al," he said and I playfully nudged him in his stomach.

"Of course, Lucas. Of it weren't for your support, I wouldn't have been able to establish this orphanage. I really owe you one," I tell him and he shrugs.

"I can't ask much from you, Al. I did this from the goodness of my heart, plus you're my best friend, I'll always be there for you," he says and puts an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

"That's a bit cheesy for a vampire who's over two hundred years old," I say amusingly and he tickles my sides, making me laugh louder.

Having a vampire as a friend has gots it's benefits. And I'm lucky to have Lucas as my best friend. And to know that he's over two hundred years old is awesome. Although he is way, way older than me he is still dashingly hot.

"But I'm a bit worried, Lucas," I say in a serious tone.

"Why? What's the matter," he says and pulls me to a nearby couch.

"I'm worried sick about these children. The rogue attacks that has occurred recently... what if they try to harm these children," I'm on the verge of tears as I imagine this.

"Don't think such, Al. Nothing will happen to the children. I promise you," Lucas says and holds my hands.

I sniffle and nod, trying to hope that I always stay here with the children and never leave them.

As soon as the children finish, I clean up along with Lucas and Arielle. We're all exhausted and it's late by the time we are done.

I bid the children goodbye and hug all of them, give Arielle a hug and kiss Lucas on the cheek before heading home.

I enter into my car and drive home. I reach my parents place and get out of my car, locking it in the process.

I open the door to see everyone in the living room with worried looks on their faces.

What just happened?