Chapter 68 It Is Finished

Zacznij od początku

A moment of total calm.

Then the entire headquarters shook violently.

Just as the generals raised a brow, the alarms sounded.

"Alarms - Alerts - A3-A6 in the military control zone have encountered an aircraft attack!"

"Alarms - Alerts – Aircraft attack-C20 Citizen's Living Area!"

"Alarms - Alerts – Aircraft attack-E6-E9 in the citizen's living area!"

Major General Gordon shot up from his seat as the liaison officer rushed in. "Reporting to Major General. The entire Shire is in emergency state."

"Maya! Maya - what's going on?!"

Maya, who had followed the officer into his office looked increasingly nervous. "Reporting to Major General. Six aircraft have lost control after entering the Shire. They are launching missiles into the city."

The holographic image displayed the chaos of the previously peaceful Shire.

The citizens, accustomed to a life of calm, are faced with constant missile attacks. Buildings collapsed all around, the sound of the devastation was deafening and the explosions rocked the whole city. The armed forces were already dispatched to begin evacuation procedures.

This is the first attack in the city in over two hundred years.

The Air Force sent an aircraft to fight against it.

The Shire is completely in chaos.

"Six aircraft have been hijacked by the Surge. They continued on past the parking platform, after they entered the city..."

"How did they enter through the secure channels. Was the tower commander negligent? We can't even get our people out."

"A shutdown code was initiated, no one in the tower thought anything of it." The officer saw Gordon's expression twist scarily and immediately stopped speaking.

"Is it so hard to shut them down? Just capture the driver and invade!" Maya sneered. Obviously the Surge had discovered and exploited a loophole in their security. No matter the armed forces or the Academy, no solution is suitable for the situation. Ervel had predicted there was a small chance of the Surge using such a method. They had discussed this gap in security a mere six months ago, it seems Ervel's prediction had come to pass.

Suddenly the face of the Secretary of Defense Kasbin cut into the display with an anxious expression.

"Major Gordon! Please dispatch a special mission force to the presidential palace immediately! Above all we must guarantee the president's safety!"

Suddenly the door of one of the aircraft shot open and zombies came flooding out. The minute they saw living bodies, they went mad with hunger; their terrifyingly shrill shrieks saturated the air.

They watched as the ordinary armed forces attempted to engage. They were no match for the zombies. They had very little experience and in less than a minute, more than a dozen soldiers lost their lives.

Major Gordon laughed bitterly. "What about the zombies? You want us to ignore civilians?"

Just as he finished speaking, the door to another aircraft burst open and nearly a hundred zombies descended onto the city.

Cries of fear echoed , hitting a fever pitch as the world exploded in blood. They all watched a civilian's body being brutally torn apart on the displays.

"Of course, the safety of the people is important too!"

After that, the minister's communication disconnected.

Major General Gordon snorted. "This old guy is something, pushing all the problems onto me!"

"Please give an order." Maya said coldly.

He immediately connected to the special missions. "Third, fourth and fifth teams are to immediately report to the presidential palace. Colonel Jane Wallace will take command. First and second teams dispatched, Winn will command. Begin clearing the city starting in Area A. Sixth and seven teams, led by Major Ling will clean up Zones D and E."