chp.9

The door opened and I was sitting on Luke's bed, flipping through my friends Instagrams. I wish I was back in America. Luke put his head on my shoulder and watched me scroll.

"Do you miss them?" Luke asked once I locked my phone.

"I always miss them." I put my head against his. He put his hand on my waist softly.

Luke never stays nice. So I cherished this moment. He was going to snap or try to get in my pants. That is all he wants. He just wants sex and nothing more.

"Do you want to listen to music? I have some songs I think you might like." Luke stood up and put in some random cd. It had a really heavy drum start but I liked it.

He laid back down beside me and pulled me down beside him. He kept our hands interlocked and reached for a little remote to turn down the stereo.

"Tell me about America, please?" Luke rolled over and looked at me.

"It's always nice. I had tons of friends and stuff. Like, I never was upset or anything. I always was doing stuff and my mom and dad went on dates and we were all happy. We would watch The Sandlot and eat burgers on the 8th every month." I felt my eyes tear up.

"Hey, don't cry." Luke rubbed my thumb with his.

I let out a shakey laugh. I hated crying infront of people and I thought it was funny that I was mad at him earlier today and now I'm crying in front of him.

"It's just that I never wanted to leave but my dad is a piece of shit and now I have to be here away from all my family and friends in this place that nobody understands me." I started to cry even harder and laugh again. This was terrible.

"What did your dad do?" Luke rubbed my eyes. "you don't have to tell me if you don't want too. I'll understand."

"He cheated on my mom for 5 years. 5 whole years he was pounding into some girls pussy. And once my mom left him, he asked her to marry him like 2 weeks after. Now, he does not talk to me and he sends me the same sad birthday text every year."

"That fucking sucks." Luke sighed.

He put his hand underneath my chin and pointed my face towards him, "I don't want you too ever cry infront of me again okay? I hate that more then anything."

I gave a nod and he kissed my forehead.