Chapter ◈ Four

For the whole of the following Friday, Jin had nothing but what his evening had in store on his mind. His nerves were more than wracked and ruined by the time five in the afternoon came around, leaving his history class hurriedly with his brain zeroed in on what he was supposed to do and how he was supposed to do it. He'd once heard that when doing interviews with people at a company you wanted a job at, to pretend in your own mind that you've known the person for years and that they're a friend you're catching up with.

But Taehyung was not offering him a job and he was not being interviewed, yet at the same time, he was trying to earn himself a spot in something, and he'd rather pretend it was a weird sort-of interview than what it actually was. A...scam. On his behalf at least.

Upon getting home, he went straight into his bedroom, gathering all of his books and notes for Cinema Studies and piling them onto the bed precariously, not even thinking half of the stuff he put there was going to be necessary but deciding to leave the sort out for later as there were more important things to deal with such as...his clothing. Jin being the extra person he knew he was, decided he could just not possibly go on this fake study date with his fake love interest with the clothes he'd worn all day. No matter how fake it all was, his inner persona was very much real and present and he wouldn't just change his habits for a role he was playing. Besides, he'd seen Taehyung outside the music hall and he wouldn't even want to be caught dead wearing the same exact outfit.

So, to give himself even more reason to change his clothes - because, again, he was not changing for Taehyung, he was changing for his true, inner self - he took a shower, making sure to hurry because he still wasn't one hundred percent sure where it was that Taehyung had told him to meet up. And well, maybe he was sure since Jimin had told him a thousand times how he'd been there and how lovely and cute it was, but he wanted to be extra sure, so arriving a few minutes earlier than needed wouldn't hurt, in case he just so happened to get lost somehow, which was always a possibility.

He had a staring contest with himself in the mirror against his closet after showering, making a mental checklist almost. A script. A planned, thought out script that he was completely coming up with as he went along at the same time. You're a guy who's been lovesick for the longest time. You're cool but cute, trying to clumsily woo this kid who you totally didn't just meet a day ag-

Needless to say, he'd given up, feeling utterly stupid for even trying to plan that wreck out. He'd figure it out. Soon. Twenty till six. Twenty till he had to be seated, hopefully having arrived earlier than Taehyung, that'd give him a bit more time to organize his own rambled thoughts.

Fifteen till six and he was leaving to the cafe, pile of books (that he had deemed necessary) in his arms. He'd decided to walk, since the place he was headed was apparently within a six minute walking distance, if Jimin's directions were right. And he was.

Ten minutes later - ten since his mind had still been hesitant and almost seemed to have tried to convince his body to turn back a few times - and he was approaching a small cafe that had a nice, warm glow from its windows, already enticing, and when Jin entered, the aroma of coffee filling up his senses, he was sure that he'd pay the place another visit on his own sometime.

"Hello, welcome to Jeon's," the barista at the front counter greeted with a cheeky smile. Jin nodded at him with a polite smile of his own and greeted back, then turned, looking around and surveying the new place.

Taehyung was not there yet, which he was glad about; things were going as planned so far. It was just a few minutes until six at that point and he took those minutes to find a good place to sit. The setup was confusing though, as the café seemed to function as a library as well, but he managed to find a seat opposite of the wall where the door was, figuring he'd be easier to spot that way.