"I'm staying at my sister's so it isn't a problem."

"Oh, that's good." Why did I have to be so awkward around him? Thankfully, I was saved by the bell, "Come on, I'll show you where your next class is."

»» ─────── ─────── ««

Mars and I walked into the cafeteria together. All three of my friends were arguing pretty loudly about something but once they saw that I wasn't alone, they all shut up.

"Hi friends, this is Mars, he just transferred," I smiled at their shocked faces, "Mars, this is Sky, Noah and Kingston."

Kingston was the only one brave enough to say anything, "We've heard a lot about you."

He smirked and I wanted to kill myself, "Is that so?"

We sat down and they stared at him, not that he had any problem staring back.

"What do your classes look like?" asked Noah. Mars took out his schedule again and they looked at it.

As they compared classes, Sky took out her phone and started texting me.

Favorite Sister: you liar

Me: and what did i lie about?

Favorite Sister: you said he was cute

Favorite Sister: but he's HOT

"Char, Mars is in our gym class!" Kingston said excitedly and I turned my phone over face down. Sky's raised eyebrow let me know that this conversation wasn't done. "Wow, you're in AP lit and AP history? Why would you do that to yourself?"

We ate our lunch leisurely as everyone got along just fine. There were instances when Mars wouldn't say anything which made me wonder what he was thinking about. It seemed like he liked my friends—or at least tolerated them—but I had no clue what his innermost thoughts were.

I saw Mars again during chem where he took Daphne's spot at the lab bench. My two other lab partners stared at him as soon as he sat down but didn't question it. They were Virgo's after all.

"Before I begin, we have a new student joining us. Do we have a Marshall here?" Mrs. Carrie asked the class and he answered without raising his hand.

"I only respond to Mars."

Everyone turned around in their chairs to get a good look at him. Some of the girls at the front of the class started giggling and I sent them a death glare that immediately shut them up.

"Okay then, Mars," Mrs. Carrie corrected herself, "Would anyone like to give Mars a brief summary of what we learned from last class?" Several hands shot up in the air, more than half of whom were girls. If he wasn't careful he'd have a fanclub comprised of a cult of girls.

My eyes wandered around the room until I locked gazes with Cade, who was already looking at me.

"Cade," the teacher said and he turned his attention to the front, "How about you tell our new student what we learned last class?"

He nodded, "We watched a video that appeared to burn water. We also discussed some possible theories and then did the experiment ourselves."

"Precisely," Mrs. Carrie smiled, "Now does anybody want to take a guess why I made you all do this experiment?"

Daphne spoke without raising her hand, "Because you like to mess with our heads." Some people snickered.