05

- chapter 5 :

"it-it was a monster."

the car was deathly silent as i gulped, the loneliness of the situation getting to me. jimin chuckled nervously from the back, tilting his head. "yah not a cool joke hyung.  .  ." as namjoon flipped back, tears dotting his face.

"i wasn't lying! there was a monster!" he screamed as jin held his hand, rubbing it soothingly. "describe it please." he said as namjoon closed his eyes, thinking hard.

"it had glowing red eyes an-and canine teeth and they were drip-dripping blood and-" namjoon violently began shaking once more.

"here get out and change, let me drive." jin was about to open his door when namjoon screamed and held him as i paused, fear coursing into me. this was way beyond a prank. my brother didn't kid around like this for no reason.

he was smart and analytical. before calling something unrealistic, he would've reviewed the options in his mind a million of times.

which meant whatever my brother just saw, truly is something inhumane. i gulped down my fear and watched as namjoon bickered with jin, telling him it wasn't safe to open the door.

"yah namjoon be quiet and watch!" jin reached again as this time i held jin, his face turning to me in confusion as namjoon began hiccuping. i was worried for my brother.

"yah how about you both switch seats in the car without going out? i know you're both tall but try." i smiled weakly as they nodded, a mutual agreement.

we began driving again, but even as we rolled down the rocky road, i couldn't help but feel like i was being watched.

by a pair of blood red eyes.