I watched her eye me down like she was a expecting something else to come out of my mouth, but realized I had nothing to say. I was a little embarrassed that I had done that to her on her birthday, and how harsh I had been the morning after. What had possessed me to do that?

"So, have you heard from Nikki today?"

I looked up from my mug and into those same haunting eyes that always seemed to be glowing with curiosity. It was odd, the way she continued to bring up things about me. I shook my head, "No, why?"

She shrugged, seeming uninterested but I knew better, "Just wondering."

I raised my eyebrow then, wondering why Sam was always so curious about things involving my love life. She used to constantly ask me about my relationship with Shawn, and now that ship has sailed and it was now about Nikki.

Did she care or was she just trying to carry a conversation?

So I played her little game right back, "How was Emma after practice yesterday?"

She nearly choked on her coffee then, placing her mug on the cabinet and looking up at me. She thought I hadn't noticed yesterday when she and Emma mysteriously disappeared after the Shay incident, which I also witnessed.

She tried to play it off, "Uh, well, you know. Good."

I smiled to myself, seeing Sam nervous was actually quite funny... and kind of cute.

Oh get a grip Megan.

I continued to ask about her day at the field, "I saw your little incident with Shay, can you explain that to me?"

I had barely seen anything, just Emma pulling Sam away from Shay and dragging her off of the field and to the locker room. I was curious as to why Sam had been looking as if she was about to give Shay a good slap in the face.

Sam shook her head, "She's been staring at me and giving me these evil stares for a while, so I confronted her about it and we kind of... had it out?"

I just looked at Sam, wondering why she would snap so easily under Shay's simple stare. She was harder than that, and much more stern and concrete. There had to be something else bothering her that she wasn't letting in on.

I smiled, "I didn't pin you as a fighter."

She shrugged, "Yea well, I didn't pin you as a history teacher either."

I laughed a response, "Touché."

I thought about Sam's response to Emma, as if she had been caught doing something illegal. It was funny, how haunt she was around me when it came to talking about sex with Emma. We all knew, but why was she embarrassed over just Emma? Was it because she could possibly have feelings for her which made her feel guilty?

I was suddenly curious, and maybe a little jealous.

No, you are not jealous.

I looked at the clock, "Well, we better leave if we don't wanna be late."

Sam groaned, "Ugh."

I laughed as we locked up the apartment and walked out, preparing to part our separate ways. It was weird, how I didn't look at Sam like a student, at all. I looked at her more like an annoying roommate now, someone who managed to be a little too bitchy but also quite sexy and interesting at the same time.

Anything but a student, which was really bad.

She opened her car door, looking at me, "Wanna race to school?"