Prologue

"The Fabulous Killjoys are a major threat to our system. They must be located and eradicated immediately. "

"-And die with your mask on if you have to. This is Dr.D, signing out." Then, static.

"Same old, same old. Killjoys are getting ghosted left and right." Fun said while turning the radio off.

"Well there isn't much we can do about it. Unless you wanna get ghosted yourself. " Switch replied, leaning on the car.

"We can get more Killjoys on our team, maybe save some lives. " Kobra leafed through an old magazine disinterestedly.

Poison gave him an incredulous look, "Do you think we have enough room at the diner? Enough food for more people?"

Kobra stood for a second in thought, then nodded his head in agreement.

"So, you guys wanna eat expired dog food?" Star exclaimed sarcastically. Everyone rolled their eyes and nodded their heads sarcastically, then they all went into the diner together.

The Killjoys sat down in a booth, while Switch got everyone food from the supply in the back.

"Got it" Switch called, as she walked back in with her hands full of dog food. Once she sat down, she passed the cans to everyone.

They sat and ate in silence, all of them trying to get the food down before they vomit.

Then, Switch spoke up, "I think that eating batteries would taste better than this crap. " she held up her can of "Power Pup"

"Well, here you go then" Star took out a BL/ind battery from his pocket, and slid it across the table to her.

"I better not. What if they put the medication in this? I would turn into an emotionless zombie." Switch joked, making zombie noises. Everyone laughed, then continued eating the disgusting dog food.

Suddenly, Poison broke the silence, "So, you think we will all survive?" And he was being completely serious.

"Whatever happens, we won't become one of them. If it means the difference between life or death, I would rather die a Killjoy." Switch answered, looking down at her dirty converse.

"Once a Killjoy, always a Killjoy" Fun added, and all of them nodded in agreement.

I hope you guys like this story! It's my first one on here, so uh yeah.

Also I update on mobile so I'm sorry if it looks weird (please tell me if it does!)

Update (11/10/18) I'm officially discontinuing this story for now, but I'll be selectively editing a few parts, just an FYI

Thanks for reading (: