JUMP!

"Jump!"

"What!"

Horus spun over to look at the small human next to him. Bek urged him on, motioning towards the cliff. Horus wasn't sure he liked it when Bek got like this. He glanced over the shear drop off and back at his small mortal as if he were crazy. 

"Are you insane?! I cannot change forms for some strange reason and you want to jump off a shear drop off cliff to our deaths!"

"You’re a god!"

"And you're not, you would die Bek, I will not allow that."

The beast that they had gone investigating (That was the term Horus used but Bek preferred the term hunting) came barreling around the edge about three feet away. Its sharp claws digging into the rock and tearing chunks from the mountain sides as it ran down towards them. 

Bek didn't hesitate when he turned back around, eyes wide and frantic. 

"Let me assist you, My Lord."

Horus didn't have enough time to react as small hands rammed into the small of his back and he wind-milled in the air as he was shoved forward. His legs fell out from under him as he went plummeting off the side of the drop off cliff. Bek jumped after him without much of a second thought. 

The beast roared loud into the desert air, raising its razor sharp claws to the sky in outrage at its prey getting away. Horus spun around mid-fall, and glared at his adviser. Bek returned his glare with a cheeky grin, and as his gaze turned towards the ever nearing ground, his grin turned into a scream. Horus reached for him and pulled the mortal into his chest like he had when they had first flown up to Ra's (And every time they played cat and mouse). 

They needn't had worried about it though, for a moment later they splashed down into a large pool of water, ice cold bone chilling water. Bek sputtered as he surfaced, wiping the hair from his eyes as he gazed up at the beast too afraid to jump down from the cliff. 

A large person surfaced behind him, casting a large shadow over him as they too looked up at the thing that had been trying to eat them for the last hour or so, give or take. A big arm wormed around his waist and pulled him back into the large chest. 

A deep voice spoke in his ear, "Never do that again."

A laugh was the response, and the arm tightened just a fraction in warning. 

"Ok ok, never again."

There was a pause as they were both turned, one willingly and the other by extension, and began the trek to the shore. Both god and mortal climbed up on the rocky shore and sat back to see if the beast was still there. 

"You were being sarcastic, weren't you?"

"That depends....What would your response be if I were to agree?"

"Well that depends Bek, how about you answer my question first and find out."

Bek got silent after that, and Horus spared him an amused glance. 

"What's this? Is my snarky sarcastic tiny thief finally speechless?"

The aforementioned thief snorted at the comment, reaching out to shove at the gods shoulder, coming to stand on his two feet too. Heading back in the direction he knew the palace to be in. Horus snorted as well as the adviser shoved him once more as he passed, shaking his head in fond exasperation as he too heaved himself up off the ground. 

Bek shrieked when silver arms wrapped around his torso and he was whisked away from the ground. 

"So, you never gave me your answer."

It was going to be a long flight back to Egypt.

He just had to choose his next words very wisely.