Applause

"And that is why we must ration the grains in the lower level villages until the drought comes to pass"

One of the other advisers raised their hands, Horus nodded at him signalling for him to speak his thoughts.

"Sire, what are we to do if this causes a riot"

Bek looked up at the kings moment of silence, usually Horus had an answer right away. To his surprise the god looked almost angry that his adviser had thought of that and not him. His face was becoming an alarming shade of red.

The boy exchanged looks with Zaya, seated next to him, she shrugged her shoulders. Taking matters into his own hands, Bek just started clapping.

Hard and loud.

Zaya watched bemusedly for a moment before joining in. Horus turned to look at them both, an amused smile spreading across his features. Some of the other gods on the table line shook their heads bemusedly at the two mortals.

"What are you doing?"

Zaya stood up from her seat, clapping louder, "We just...You had a really nice idea, My Lord"

Bek followed after, a cheeky grin on his features, "And your having a somewhat good hair day"

Horus narrowed his eyes at the young mortal, "Run"

Bek laughed and turned tail, Horus dismissed the meeting for the evening as he stood up to make chase.