Goofing Around

A shadow passed overhead. 

Bek spared a glance upwards, laughing loudly as he jumped to the next roof. Horus must have discovered his false trail. He jumped out of the way just as a pair of silver hands swiped at the spot he'd been standing only moments ago. 

Horus himself laughed as he raced after his thief. It was moments like these that made the long days of running an empire worth it. Bek was always fun to mess around with. 

The young man let out a sound of alarm as arms wrapped around him and scooped up in the air. Horus chuckled as he swooped his wings, taking them higher above the ground. Bek struggled, willing to take the fall over what was to come. 

"Looks as if, how do you put it, the bird has caught the worm."

"No! Horus! Don't you dare!"

The falcon god chuckled lowly, "Oh I am going to enjoy this more than you know."

He remembered that time, in his parents tomb, when Bek had kicked his shoulder to catapult himself away. When he had told him to get off his own ass and get his own water. When he'd told him to run and then used himself as bait. 

When he had dared to strike a deal up with him. 

Horus grinned down at the small mortal cradled in his arms. 

"I'll tell you what, you refrain from laughter for two minutes and I'll let you go."

"Deal!"

Fingers met sensitive skin. 

Bek only lasted approximately 3.4 seconds.