Cruel

Bek stumbled back as someone shoved him roughly. Zaya let out a sound of alarm as she was pulled forward roughly. The bracelet given to her in a gift from Horus was torn from her arm and thrown to the floor.

"You are nothing but a glorified orphan"

Bek was kicked hard in the stomach and he choked on a breath as air was knocked harshly from him. Zaya let out a yell as she was pushed up against a statue. They had all known that the transition from being nothing more than street rats to nobility, favored nobility, would be harder for some then it was for others. But this was taking it too far.

"A street rat"

Bek looked over, pain clouding his vision when another kick was aimed for his ribs. Hands were grappling at Zaya's dress and she looked as if she were on the verge of crying. He remembered what she had told him about Urshu and what he had tried to do in the dark.

She still had nightmares about it.

There was a loud ripping sound, her dress torn right up the front.

"You want to pretend to be what you are not, let us show you what happens to those who step out of their place!"

Zaya screamed when his hands grabbed at hers, trying to pull them away from her torn dress to tear it apart further, and when she fought back he slapped her across the face.

Bek, having enough of seeing such actions be taken against his Love, jumped to his feet and with the skill a thief could have, rushed forward to shove him away. She stumbled at the impact he made, and as her tormentors were shoved away. Tears were still leaking from her eyes as Bek pushed her forward as he jumped in front of the newly recovered nobles.

"Go! Run!"

Zaya shook her head as the two larger older men advanced on him, anger lighting their eyes. She spun when a fist was raised against him and she heard his grunt of pain. Tears clouded her vision as she ran around corners and through various halls. She knew he was in an important meeting with some of the other gods, but she couldn't think of anyone else to run to.

She made it to the Throne room in record time, wiping at her eyes as she slammed into the doors and slammed them open. They hit the adjoining walls with loud thuds, such a noise made the gods gathered in the room jump from their seats.

Hathor gasped as she took in the girls torn dress, her tear stained face, everything. The goddess of love stood from her seat at the same moment Horus did. His hands travelling up to remove his shaw as fast as he could. The human stumbled forward until she was safely in the gods embrace. The shaw was wrapped around her shoulders quickly, covering the revealing hole in her dress. His hands were steady as they grabbed at her shoulders gently. Hathor did not interfere, she knew not to interrupt when the lord of the air got like this, but promised unending pain to whomever had done this to the mortal girl.

Both gods did.

"Zaya what happened to you?"

The girl grabbed the gods wrists quickly, surprising many of them with the action, and she pulled him forward towards the door. Horus was confused and concerned as he was pulled forward.

"You have to help him! You have to!"

With a sinking heart, Horus followed, asking his next question that he feared the answer to.

"Help who? Zaya whats wrong?"

"Bek! You have to help him! They were so mad!"

Horus ran alongside the girl, gently grasping her tiny hand in his own as she led him through the corridors and around corners. Her other hand clutched at the large shaw wrapped securely around her shoulders.

"They said we didn't deserve our place! That they would show us where we belonged! Bek, he distracted them so I could get away!"

They rounded the last corner and she froze at her Love's prone form laying on the ground. The blood and bruises on his attackers showed that he had gotten in a few well aimed strikes of his own though. Horus's eyes widened at the sight that greeted them, his gaze hardened just a few seconds later. He gently pulled the girl behind him.

"What is going on here? You dare harm one of my closest friends and chief adviser"

The two stepped back, away from the enraged god. Bek moaned from his position on the floor and that tore the gods attention from his cruel nobles and back to his injured thief/adviser.

"Guards! Take them!"

Guards rushed in to escort them to cells below the castle as he rushed forward, Zaya hot on his heels. Gently scooping the boy up into his arms, the god turned on his heel and escorted both of his young friends to the healing wing.

A quick visit with Sekhmet and Ma'at, and justice would be served quick and painful.

No one got away with harming the favored advisors of the king.